Rapid Redux

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

griff
Leading Sire

Rapid Redux

Postby griff » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:25 am

Rapid Redux is going for win # 20 in slightly less than 12 months tomorrow at Mountaineer.

He's now tied with Zenyatta at 19 wins in a row and although he is no Zenyatta his 19 wines in a row were in 11 months. or a win ever 15 to 16 days. I suspect he does not get a lot of times workouts.

griff
"We has met the enemy and he is us" [Pogo]

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:35 am

I will be there to witness it ,I have a feeling it may be a hollow victory as many horses have scratched and more may follow by post time, shame really!

griff
Leading Sire

Postby griff » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:42 am

I suspect he's already set a record that will stand for a long long time.. 19 wins in 11 months is awesome even if he does not beat his and Zenyatts's 19 in a row.

Awesome horse and awesome horsemanship. Seems like we have at least on TB that cone run w/o breaking down

griff

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:03 am

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:19 am

griff

There are many that can run without breaking down, All Myself, a WV bred has started 21 times in 2011, how about that?

DDT

griff
Leading Sire

Postby griff » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:08 pm

Thanks DDT..

I know the breeder who also stand the sire of All Myself. Reprations is by Forty Niner and o/o a Danzig daughter who is o/o a Busckpasser daughter.. Lots and Lots of Native Dancer in Reprations.

All Myself won the WC Breeders Classic "DASH FOR CASH" stakes race. ..

Ctown has a reputation as being too hard and too tight and fo messing up youg horses' joints but this seems to one that does OK there.

griff

IcouldbeU
Maiden Special Weight

Postby IcouldbeU » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:28 pm

I am really tired of the negativity of this board. How can winning 19 let alone 20 in a row be a hollow victory? As of now, its a 7 horse field..not a match race or a walkover. During the summer months he only raced once a month. He is being handled very well and since we are looking for an east coast trainer, I guess it is easy to see what direction we are leaning.

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:15 pm

You're tired of the negativity on this board are you ICOULDBEU?? Try re-reading my post before you type again. I happen to be a fan of RR and know the trainer's family well. The pressure on the trainer to keep this horse together for so long has been immense. The "Hollow" nature of the victory is that there are some other salty starter horses in the mid-west that could make a race of it but nobody is showing up tonight. The overnight had a full field which then scratched down to 8 and at post time you will have a field of 5 , the other 4 are marginal horses eligible for much easier spots. I hope that all goes well and RR gets around safely in the mud tonight. I will be there at the rail to witness history but it will hardly be a race for the ages.

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:21 pm

Well he had no problem winning against 3 horses and people will make light of that, however, 20 in a row is pretty good. It was nothing like Zenyatta's shot at the record and how she ran. I love him because he is out of a daughter of Storm Cat, you know, the stallion everyone, well a lot of people, dislike to the max. He will be on the leading broodmare sires list for years to come.

Congrats to Rapid Redux, maybe he can win 20 more.

DDT

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:33 pm

Nice race. What did the announcer mean that the filly was 'representing" Zenyatta and pepper's Pride??
All shouting does is make you lose your voice.
----Arrested Development

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Postby Joltman » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:01 pm

Great Stuff - Congrats to the Connections!

Where is the publicity outside of the horse media on this NTRA?

jm

PS Tapit I think the filly who finished 2nd, being a filly, represented her gender as the next two at 19 were Peppers pride and Zenyatta
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:58 pm

RR looked well in the paddock but must have feet issues by the look of the epoxy build up around the edges. I must admit I was a little worried that he was so reluctant to load into the gate, but he reached the 20 mark ,quite amazing.

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:26 am

Joltman wrote:Great Stuff - Congrats to the Connections!

Where is the publicity outside of the horse media on this NTRA?

jm

PS Tapit I think the filly who finished 2nd, being a filly, represented her gender as the next two at 19 were Peppers pride and Zenyatta

hee hee it's Toccet....but an understandable mistake. I guess that's what he meant...but seems a little general. The way he kept saying it I wondered if she was related to both or had some other connection.
All shouting does is make you lose your voice.

----Arrested Development

Crystal
Freshman Sire

Postby Crystal » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:33 am

How pathetic HRTV nor TVG even carried the race..

jrgators
Starters Handicap

Postby jrgators » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:38 pm

I just got off of work, and had the chance to see the replay of him winning race #20! I don't know any of the connections, but that's awesome, and congrats to them all!

I'm very surprised neither network covered his race! That's too bad!

DDT, I too love Storm Cat mares, I have 3 horses, 1 storm cat on top, 2 storm cat on the bottom. I hope to keep some of that blood around my place for years to come.

Congrats again to Rapid Redux!