El Roblar . . can he . . . .

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Tairaterces
Grade III Winner

El Roblar . . can he . . . .

Postby Tairaterces » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:18 pm

. . get 1.25 miles. His sire couldn't.

War Chant x Screamer by Roanoke, by Pleasant Colony.

Thx,
Tairaterces
:wink:
"and Secretariat let no one down on the unforgettable afternoon of June 9, 1973, when he ran a hole in the wind"
~Bob Ehalt~

Avatar: Istabraq (Sadler's Wells x Betty's Secret by Secretariat) Champion Hurdler

Michael
Allowance Winner

Postby Michael » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:05 pm

I don't think he should have much trouble going 10 furlongs. After all, Smarty Jones sire didn't win past 1 1/16 miles, and Funny Cide's sire maxxed out at a mile. True, War Chant was also best at a mile, but his dam, Hollywood Wildcat handled 9 furlongs with ease, and Danzig is fully capable of throwing a stayer (a U.S. stayer, not a European stayer).

This colt's dam was a G2 SW of almost $300,000, and placed in the Alcibiades S. at two. She was sired by Roanoke (Pleasant Colony), who won the 9 furlong Californian S. All in all, in a country where true stayers are not sought by either breeders or yearling buyers, I think it's unlikely his pedigree will stop him from eeking out that extra furlong of the Derby.

halo
Starters Handicap

Postby halo » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:42 am

Not to mention Mr. Prospector could barely get a mile (Fusaichi Pegasus), Our Emblem (War Emblem), Quiet American (Real Quiet), Fappiano (Unbridled) among many others. Its been proven time and time again that horses with miler speed make the best sires, especially when bred to mares with stamina influences in their pedigrees.

Bill from WA
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Bill from WA » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:35 am

For whatever it's worth, the conduit profile on this guy indicates a runner that should get much better the farther he runs, with 1.25 miles well within his scope. As a whole, North American runners, or sires, are/were not given the opportunity to compete at the "Classic" distances, so looking at their individual racing records (or their progeny's) for clues is misleading. The profile on El Roblar: 3-4-5-8-3, Speed/Stamina: (7/11), Index: (0.79), Triads: (12-17-16), GWS score: (12.87). Looks like a router to me.

Bill
Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is like a broken winged bird that cannot fly.

Langston Hughes

Tairaterces
Grade III Winner

Postby Tairaterces » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:49 am

Thanks to Michael, halo and Bill.

I've put him in my stable.

Tairaterces
"and Secretariat let no one down on the unforgettable afternoon of June 9, 1973, when he ran a hole in the wind"

~Bob Ehalt~

Avatar: Istabraq (Sadler's Wells x Betty's Secret by Secretariat) Champion Hurdler

siegy
Allowance Winner

Re: El Roblar . . can he . . . .

Postby siegy » Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:59 pm

Tairaterces wrote:. . get 1.25 miles. His sire couldn't.

War Chant x Screamer by Roanoke, by Pleasant Colony.

Thx,
Tairaterces
hi tairaterces,

as to el roblar, distance yes can go 1.25m

his dosage is = 3-1-4-3-4
making a di of 0,67 a cd of minus 0.26
6/9 speed/stamina.

best Siegy,