who won the san felipe ?

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

reenci
Grade II Winner

who won the san felipe ?

Postby reenci » Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:00 pm

just got home.....anyone know the results
A great man cannot help himself," "He can see things that other men cannot see themselves, and his greatness lies in doing whatever is necessary to make his vision real

reenci
Grade II Winner

Postby reenci » Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:07 pm

anyone know the finish ???????
A great man cannot help himself," "He can see things that other men cannot see themselves, and his greatness lies in doing whatever is necessary to make his vision real

reenci
Grade II Winner

Postby reenci » Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:11 pm

8th race - Santa Anita Park - March 19, 2005

Race Name: San Felipe S. - Grade: 2
Off at: 4:15 Race Type: Stakes
Age Restriction: Three Year Old
Value of Race: $250,000
Distance: One And One Sixteenth Miles
Surface Type: Dirt Track Condition: Wet Fast
Winning Time: 1:40.11
Pgm Horse Jockey Win Place Show
8 Consolidator Rafael Bejarano 16.40 6.80 4.20
4 Giacomo Mike E. Smith 4.80 3.20
1 Don't Get Mad Tyler Baze 3.20
Also ran: 6 - Wilko , 7 - Golden Shine , 2 - Lucky J. H. , 3 - In Excelsis , 5 - Roman Ruler

llbean
Grade III Winner

Postby llbean » Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:12 pm

Consolidator won and Wilko was off the board.

The year of Storm Cat.

-llbean

henthorn
Eclipse Champion

Postby henthorn » Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:15 pm

I didn't see it, but Equibase quick results shows #8 Consolidator won, with #4 Giacomo second and #1 Don't Get Mad third. No details. Just the way I hoped for it. I decided to use the BrisNet custom card system to order only those past performances I wanted to bet on, so I copied off all the graded stakes races and bet four of them. There was a long lull between Gulfstream 10th/Fairgrounds 9th, going off together, and Oaklawn's Rebel an hour or more later. So I made my bets for those and left for home, thinking I could watch it on ESPN, which was supposed to show it. I never found it on TV, so checked with Equibase when I was sure the two races were over. I had won one minor exacta early in the day, and missed on the Rebel also (picked the right horse, didn't bet him right). There was a delay entering the results of the San Felipe, so I kept checking back, expecting to be about $80 down for the day. Lo and behold, I had bet the trifecta and exacta correctly and the win on the winner. For my $28 bet on that race, I returned $502, or 400% profit on the day. That may never happen again, as I usually go home with empty pockets. Now I just need to remember that the tickets in my purse represent money, and not throw them away.
Rocking H