Crown attorney filly out of bold ruckus mare for sale

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Aheadbyahair
Suckling

Crown attorney filly out of bold ruckus mare for sale

Postby Aheadbyahair » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:54 am

2 year old. with all her papers. nice straight legs. Ready for this race season at woodbine. Broke and galloping well. Very sane and an A+ personality. Wonderful to work with. Asking 50K Canadian. Contact me for more info. [email protected]

briarhalo
Allowance Winner

Postby briarhalo » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:16 am

That filly you are selling wouldn't happen to be out of a mare named Bold Below would it? Oh, by the way, you and I are near neighbours.....lol. I am in Holstein. Regards, Claire

Aheadbyahair
Suckling

Postby Aheadbyahair » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:19 pm

no this dam's name is Roshenara. Sorry to say, i have never heard of Holstein....where is that?
Hey guys....Would love to hear from anyone who just wants to chat about general stuff or horse stuff (anywhere from TB racing to barrel racing to jumping) Have a great day and SMILE!!!

briarhalo
Allowance Winner

Postby briarhalo » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:25 pm

Holstein is a little town about an hour from you just north of Highway 89.
I was asking about that mare as it was one we had in my friends barn at one point, there were actually a few Crown Attorney's that passed through.

Aheadbyahair
Suckling

Postby Aheadbyahair » Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:29 am

i am actually in gravenhurst, so probably even closer than barrie is to you! I have seen a few crown attorney's and they seem to grow fairly fast and fill out nicely...she'll be 2 in may yet she is the same size as those early TB babies! You don't know anyone who is looking to buy are ya??? I got her thinking i could afford all the training, boarding ect....haha AS IF! I am single, work a full time job and am trying to buy my first house. And have 3 other horses other than her but they are the innexpensive backyard mules...LOL
Hey guys....Would love to hear from anyone who just wants to chat about general stuff or horse stuff (anywhere from TB racing to barrel racing to jumping) Have a great day and SMILE!!!

briarhalo
Allowance Winner

Postby briarhalo » Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:15 am

Hey..near neighbours than.........lol. Sorry can't say that I know anyone looking to buy at this time. I have a 2 year old colt and I know the feeling about affording the training and stuff. Luckily my hubby and I bought a little farm last year. We have 4 Thoroughbreds. One beautiful filly by Ashbury (technically a yearling) foaled in mid June, Her mom a retired race mare that went on to show, a 9 year old gelding that retired last year with winnings close to 400,000 (End Sweeps Advance). Nope he didn't run for me......but he does now, in my backyard...lol. And then there is my colt. He is an orphan. 2 Years old and has the heart and toughness to be a runner. The speed is there but who knows. We had bought this farm for him and his mother. What do you do with your other 3?

Aheadbyahair
Suckling

Postby Aheadbyahair » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:41 pm

sounds like you have the ideal set up. as for me i am still trying to acquire my perfect little hideaway. As for my other 3, my 7 year old quarter horse mare is my nice quiet anybody can ride trail horse. My 13 year old quarter horse/cross is a nut bar..nobody is allowed riding her but me, or it's at their own risk...lol I competed last summer, barrel racing and pole bending with her. She is very good at it and does flying lead changes like no other horse i've ever seen. But like i said, she's nuts! haha
then i have a coming 2 year old shetland pony, he's still a colt and will stay that way as long as he behaves...I've had him since he was 3 months old...horse trader had him and didn't have any use for him so i got him for 50 bucks. He's great!!!! So your 2 year old colt, will you be breaking/training him for racing? do you have enough room at your farm to exercise him there? I have my exercise riders license from woodbine. But i don't do an exessive amount of riding race horses. Just the odd ones. I am not willing to ride crazy ones that have had no proper training. Not to say that they are really crazy, just lack the basic ground work invested in them.

briarhalo
Allowance Winner

Postby briarhalo » Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:34 pm

Sounds like you have your hands full as well....lol. As far as my 2 year old colt goes.......the plan is to race him but I have to admit I am worried about injuring himself at the track. He has been backed and sure was a handful. I don't think he will race this year, he just keeps growing so much, he needs to get a bit more balanced. Also having an issue every once in awhile with his stifle locking. My vet isn't too concerned at this time, he believes it is the growth. I have some room here, not nearly as much as I would like. We have an excellent paddock out back that will be great to work in but we have a bit of work to do in it yet. If he doesn't run, I will definitely be showing him in the hunter ring. I am planning on taking him to the Royal in Nov. He is the pic on my Avatar. That was him at exactly one year old.

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:03 pm

Hi there!! Sorry to interrupt you and Ms Briar but I am curious as to how you arrived at a price of $50k for a Crown Attorney?. If you were really serious about selling then you may get some inquiries about the $10k mark on in the horses - for-sale section of this message board. I do not say this to be a wet blanket and I do wish you well in your pursuits. Oh yes I am also known to Briarhalo.You are aheadbyacentury.... Regards Wilf.

Aheadbyahair
Suckling

Postby Aheadbyahair » Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:08 pm

I came to that asking price because she is going well around the track and will be ready to race in end of july/august. Financially i'd like to sell her it would make things easier but if i don't get what i think she would make on the track (she could make more) then i'll keep her and race her. However, i thank you for the advice. Also...It's not just that she's a crown attorney...She's out of a bold ruckus mare, they are known to throw good offspring. Or am I wrong????

briarhalo
Allowance Winner

Postby briarhalo » Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:58 pm

Hi Wilf....lol. I too was wondering about the price, but then I am a rookie and learning as I go along.....

Ryeno
Allowance Winner

Postby Ryeno » Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:18 am

Hey Aheahdbyahair,

Let me know if you get your price on your filly as I will get you to sell all my horses in the future!You filly has some decent breeding from what i could see.Being out of a bol Ruckus mare is OK and your filly has a half sister that has made in excees of 100 g's but I have to agree with Wilf that if you were to put your filly in a sale I feel you would have a very hard time getting 20% of your asking price.You say that the horse would make the races by July/August and that is a long wait to pay for a horse by an unproven sire out of an older mare that has produced one winner out of many foals.For 50k a person can claim a proven tough older claimer that can yield instant results and instant pay back.I also looked up sales prices on Crown Attorney's and they werent pretty.Good luck!
Ryeno
"The easiest way to end up with a million dollars in the horseracing business is to start with 3 million!"

Aheadbyahair
Suckling

Postby Aheadbyahair » Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:14 am

Well i guess we'll just have to wait and see won't we!!!!! Have a great easter everyone.

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:05 am

I will be at Fort Erie all summer so I will keep an eye out for you. They have a few good deals going on for Ontario-bred runners up there and even if you have a cheap horse and he wins for you then you will receive a check for$1000 in the mail within 3 or 4 weeks if its Ont bred. I think the HBPA handles that program. So theres a lot of upsides to your youngster and yes I do like the great Bold Ruckus blood, his son Bold Executive throws plain bay fillies that will run over broken glass for you all day. Happy Easter.