The Pacific Classic

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

TJ
Darley line

Re: The Pacific Classic

Postby TJ » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:07 am

dublino wrote:Don't know about that one TJ if the horses were reversed and the small trainer from Englands horse came across the 2yr Old American Champ and sideswiped him like that the places would have been changed.

Shared Belief got away with one the head on clearly shows he changed "lanes" and took up Toasts turf.

I have seen far less "incidients" and the horse DQ'ed.

Yes best horse won the race clearly but hmmm............

Hi Dub,
I really didn't see it that way....and I would have preferred he was put up at 8-1....but I saw no contact. You know I like that Euro horse and his trainer since he won in Dubai....but I didn't see any conspiracy working against him here, he was steadied not hit. TJ

dublino
Grade I Winner

Postby dublino » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:51 am

Ah those old eyes of yours TJ playing tricks on ya I tell ya.

Toast of New York's target for next year is the Dubai World Cup, they probably could have done without Meydan switching from tapeta to Dirt.

Shared Belief's target is BC Classic and a showdown with Chrome.

Chromes connections seem to be chasing money rather than staying at home in their next race, maybe they realise he isn't worth $30m off the track and are going all out to get what they can on the track - might play against him come BC time.
Edited by Moderator

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:44 am

dublino wrote:Ah those old eyes of yours TJ playing tricks on ya I tell ya.

Toast of New York's target for next year is the Dubai World Cup, they probably could have done without Meydan switching from tapeta to Dirt.

Shared Belief's target is BC Classic and a showdown with Chrome.

Chromes connections seem to be chasing money rather than staying at home in their next race, maybe they realise he isn't worth $30m off the track and are going all out to get what they can on the track - might play against him come BC time.

Hi Dub,
Won't admit or deny to the old eyes:>) I hope Toast of New York can handle the dirt....he is truly a very nice race horse. Shared Belief answered all questions but one, when he won after encountering trouble early on, only question that remains is...can he go 1 1/4 miles on dirt? AW surface can carry these horses....similar to turf routes when sprinters can stretch out over two turns on the lead.
I wonder if the Euro connections will have a change of heart and run Toast of New York in the Classic...since both races are on dirt and the surface is a question mark? I'd like to see him run against these again and if dirt's in his wheel house, he could spring the upset.
Chrome's connections are probably looking for an easy spot for him to make his return to the races. I agree, they could have made a mistake since it took them so long to get him back and ready to run. Leaves him with a tough task to win the BC Classic off one race. But Chrome is a seasoned traveler winning twice off the plane. Not to mention Chrome's connections will receive an additional $100,000 each, just to bring him to PA. It's good to be the king:>) Below is the article about the Pacific Classic. TJ
http://www.drf.com/news/shared-belief-w ... ic-classic