The G1 Spinaway Stakes: By the Moon

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Bobster
Maiden Special Weight

The G1 Spinaway Stakes: By the Moon

Postby Bobster » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:55 am

I saw this 2-year-old filly By the Moon run on opening day of the Saratoga meet and she was ultra impressive in victory. In looking at her pedigree I saw that her bloodlines were full of class. She is running in the G1 Spinaway Stakes for two-year-olds today at Saratoga. It is Tom Durkin's last race call. I like her chances.

http://bobschless.wordpress.com/2014/07 ... -the-moon/

TJ
Darley line

Re: The G1 Spinaway Stakes: By the Moon

Postby TJ » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:39 pm

Bobster wrote:I saw this 2-year-old filly By the Moon run on opening day of the Saratoga meet and she was ultra impressive in victory. In looking at her pedigree I saw that her bloodlines were full of class. She is running in the G1 Spinaway Stakes for two-year-olds today at Saratoga. It is Tom Durkin's last race call. I like her chances.

http://bobschless.wordpress.com/2014/07 ... -the-moon/

Hi Bob,
Decent 2nd place finish for that filly. The track was a sea of slop, so we'll have to give her another chance. They were strung out far behind the 13 length winner Condo Commando. By the Moon was another 6 in front of the favored Angela Renee. Though Ricky Dutrow (of Big Brown fame) has been suspended for ten years, his ex-employee's (Rudy Rodriquez and Michelle Nevin) run one-two in this years addition of the Spinaway. TJ

Bobster
Maiden Special Weight

Re: The G1 Spinaway Stakes: By the Moon

Postby Bobster » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:43 pm

Yes TJ-The track was not going to play out well for closers in those conditions. I thought she ran a great race and think she has a promising future in front of her based on her breeding and talent.