Can Del Mar darling Sunset Glow suceed on dirt this Fall?

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Bobster
Maiden Special Weight

Can Del Mar darling Sunset Glow suceed on dirt this Fall?

Postby Bobster » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:57 am

I wrote this article about the two year old G1 Del Mar Debutante winner Sunset Glow who is going to try dirt for the first time this Fall. Will she succeed?

http://bobschless.wordpress.com/2014/09 ... this-fall/

Bobster
Maiden Special Weight

Re: Can Del Mar darling Sunset Glow suceed on dirt this Fall

Postby Bobster » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:23 am

She is running in the Grade One Darley Alcibiades for her first try on dirt this Friday at Keenland.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:23 am

Bobster wrote:She is running in the Grade One Darley Alcibiades for her first try on dirt this Friday at Keenland.

Hi Bob,
Doesn't look like she's running in the Alcibiades. She worked twice over the turf at Keeneland since shipping in, last breeze this AM. I'm guessing he'll keep her on the grass and enter her in the "Win and You're in Juvenile Fillies Turf Division", Jessamine Stakes on Wednesday, October 8th? TJ

Bobster
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Bobster » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:10 am

TJ-

You are correct. Ward was pointing her towards dirt but changed his mind. My mistake. You can still read about her grass pedigree in my article though.

Bobster

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:13 am

Bobster wrote:TJ-

You are correct. Ward was pointing her towards dirt but changed his mind. My mistake. You can still read about her grass pedigree in my article though.

Bobster

Hi Bob,
I agree, she has a great pedigree for the turf and I believe Ward made the right decision to keep her there. She has some serious ability and should have no problem going two turns. Waiting to see if The Truth Or Else is entered in the Champagne....Sunset Glow beat that colt by 5 when she broke her maiden over the turf against the boys.
I all ready read your article, as always very informative....thanks TJ