8th race at Emerald Downs September 6th

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Shergar
Starters Handicap

8th race at Emerald Downs September 6th

Postby Shergar » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:14 pm

Attached is race replay of the 8th at Emerald today.

The winner #4 Dark Brago was taken down and placed 2nd for interference in deep stretch.

I would appreciate any comments on what you think of the DQ.

Shergar

http://replays.robertsstream.com/racere ... 062024EMD8

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Re: 8th race at Emerald Downs September 6th

Postby DDT » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:02 am

Shegar

There was no head on shot but it looks like the 4 may have bumped slightly but I do not think he should have come down, without a head on it is hard to tell just how hard the bump was, had I wagered on the 4 I would be a little upset over the dq.

DDT

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:19 am

Hi Shergar,
It was a shame they took that 4 horse down....he ran a gutsy race. Though they made no contact, the head on shows the 4 came out 3-4 paths and closed the 5 horse's path. I thought the DQ was justified due to the very close finish and the obvious attempt by the 4 horse's rider to shut off the 5's path causing him to break stride, take up and go to the inside of the 4 for racing room. If the 4 doesn't come out, the 5 wins clear. The head on is available to see in the replay below. TJ
http://replays.robertsstream.com/racere ... 062024EMD8

Shergar
Starters Handicap

Postby Shergar » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:30 am

TJ & DDT:

Thanks for your input on the DQ. It was a tough to DQ to swallow as we felt that we got, "homered" on the call.

After calming down and looking at the replay several times, I will grudgingly admit the stewards did have some justification to take Dark Brago Down.

Immediately after the DQ, I thought my brother, (who owns Brago) was going to have a stroke. He has since calmed down, but like me, still not too happy about the DQ. The DQ cost him almost 6k in purse money. My only loss was the $10 I had on his nose.

Again, thanks for your opinions.

Regards,
Shergar

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:09 pm

Shegar

After TJ's post I looked at the race again and he is correct when he says the horse did drift and did interfere with the eventual official winner. A tough beat for your brother and you.

DDT