Eirigh

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Eirigh

Postby Shawklit Won » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:34 am

Eirigh is a horse that I plan to keep my eye on. He won again today in an allowance race (N2X) at Woodbine. Eirigh didn't look like much up until April when he was eased in a MSW race at Aqueduct. He was off for 4 months and came back in August. Since then he has won 3 races and finished 2nd and 3rd in 2 others. His win today was wire to wire in 1:51 and change for the 1 1/8 mile race.

I like his pedigree and I expect to see him in stakes races in 2015. He will be a 4 year old. I hope to see him win some stakes races, preferably graded. Anyway, he is in my stable (virtual). I will be watching him.
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Re: Eirigh

Postby Shawklit Won » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:47 pm

Eirigh's pedigree is a good one IMHO. His sire is the very successful More Than Ready. His dam's sire is Pleasant Tap, 2nd dam's sire is Lyphard, 3rd dam's sire is Caro, 4th dam's sire is Vice Regent, and 5th dam's sire is Stage Door Johnny. You can see where he got his stamina, as he showed in his 1 1/8 mile win Sunday, and he still appeared to have plenty left.

I think that he could do well on grass as he is inbred to Northern Dancer 4X4 and has another cross of ND farther back with Vice Regent in his 5th generation. Stage Door Johnny is not only in his 6th generation, but also in his 4th. Stage Door Johnny I believe is a turf sire as well a source of stamina.

It is funny how Eirigh showed hardly anything in his first 6 races, but seems to be coming on like gangbusters since his 4 month layoff. Maybe he had some sort of undetected injury before the layoff.
Shawklit Won.

jellac
Grade I Winner

Postby jellac » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:48 am

Shawklit Won -

And here is a link to Eirigh's pedigree/this db :

http://www.pedigreequery.com/eirigh

With his dam being a Pleasant Tap/Pleasant Colony daughter/granddaughter and that overlaying the Lyphard and Caro sired 2nd and 3rd dams there should be no lack for distance and class in Eirigh's female family dna - which as a 3YO/coming 4 is right on target for maturing into. I think taking the four months off earlier and turning a full four years old should only serve to his advantage in achieving his potential as a race horse. Agree - nice pedigree coupled with his more recent performances suggest this horse should have upside racing potential.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:23 pm

Thanks Jellac.

Good point about Eirigh's age and his maturing. Just hope that he stays healthy. If so, then I expect that good things will happen for him.

BTW, Eirigh's 6th dam's sire is Nashua. There must be a lot of good DNA in Eirigh's pedigree, and I believe that he has some of the good stuff going for him. Can't wait to see what he does at 4.
Shawklit Won.