Re: California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot

Postby Taffy » Sun May 24, 2015 8:03 am

1st (2) 1 Al Kazeem R Charlton 7 9-3 James Doyle 3/1
2nd (1) 2 Fascinating Rock (IRE) D K Weld 4 9-3 P J Smullen 15/2
3rd (6) 5 Postponed (IRE) L M Cumani 4 9-3 A Kirby 3/1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Al Kazeem is entered in the same race as CC
The race was at the Curragh in Ireland today
The Grey Gatsby also entered in the Ascot race finished unplaced in above race.
Last edited by Taffy on Sun May 24, 2015 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sun May 24, 2015 8:14 am

Taffy wrote:Hi TJ,
Too early for anyone to comment on California Chrome,to be honest I think he will be regarded as something of a novelty, The Royal Ascot meeting is on the social calendar of the Hooray Henry's who are more interested in swigging Champagne and being seen, nevertheless I will do my best to update you. I have checked the sire of CC and he has never ran here, so there's not much to go on.
I have re- registered as Taffy for iPad use.

Hi Taffy,
I can see it now, The Henry's swigging Champagne and DAP Stable sucking down boiler makers:>) Pretty much American breeding through and through. I do wish they would update CC and how he's training. He should have breezed by now? Thanks, TJ

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sun May 24, 2015 8:16 am

Taffy wrote:1st (2) 1 Al Kazeem R Charlton 7 9-3 James Doyle 3/1
2nd (1) 2 Fascinating Rock (IRE) D K Weld 4 9-3 P J Smullen 15/2
3rd (6) 5 Postponed (IRE) L M Cumani 4 9-3 A Kirby 3/1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Al Kazeem is entered in the same race as CC
The race was at the Curragh in Ireland today
The Great Gatsby also entered in the Ascot race finished unplaced in above race.

Hi Taffy,
No doubt he will be meeting some serious racehorses....he better learn his lessons well! TJ

Taffy
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Taffy » Thu May 28, 2015 7:41 am

Sir Michael Stoute has won this three times in the past nine years - all with short-priced favourites. ARAB SPRING faces very stiff competition and has a Group 3 penalty for his victory in the John Porter at Newbury but he looks the type to go on to much better things and is already fancied for the Coronation Cup. Tryster completed a five-timer in the All-Weather Middle-Distance Championship at Lingfield, having already won the Winter Derby there, and there's no reason why he won't be just as effective on tonight's quick going though any rain could scupper his chances. Western Hymn escapes a Group 2 penalty for his victory in France last summer but still won at this level on his reappearance here last month where he had Tullius 7l behind. The runner-up, Postponed, was narrowly beaten in the Tattersalls Gold Cup at the Curragh on Sunday so the form looks strong. Eagle Top has also won at Group 2 level though that was in the 1m4f King Edward VII Stakes and that could prove his optimum trip this season. Niceofyoutotellme is a very useful handicapper but looks just short of this grade.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tryster is entered in the same race as California Chrome , I have this race tonight between Eagle Top and Western Hymn........Tryser has an American pedigree, configuration of track is against the horse.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Thu May 28, 2015 9:06 am

Here's the latest update from the Guest yard....
Details Created on Wednesday, 27 May 2015 15:27

California Chrome's progress continues with the start of Royal Ascot less than three weeks away. Rae is very happy with his work, he has been making use of Newmarket's watered gallop in recent weeks, this gallop runs adjacent to Newmarket's famous Rowley Mile racecourse and is pictured (right) with Robbie Mills on board.

Alan Sherman flies over on the 2nd of June to check on Chrome's progress and the imminent plan is to go to Ascot for a racecourse gallop on the 4th or 5th of June. Frankie Dettori will ride him in his gallop there as long as his existing commitments allow.

We will endeavour to keep you up to date with when this gallop takes place.

Taff, what do you think of Free Eagles chances? TJ

Taffy
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Taffy » Thu May 28, 2015 9:31 am

Trainer Age Weight Jockey SP
1st (5) 3 Noble Mission Lady Cecil 5 9-5 h James Doyle 7/1
Made all, joined 2f out, driven and strongly pressed throughout final furlong, stayed on gamely and found bit extra near finish £2250-£300 £2500-£350
2nd (8) nk 1 Al Kazeem R Charlton 6 9-5 G Baker 16/1
Tracked winner, challenged and edged right 2f out, driven upsides and every chance final furlong, kept on gamely, found no extra and held close home opened 20/1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3rd (2) 1¼ 8 Free Eagle (IRE) D K Weld 3 9-0 P J Smullen 5/2
Slowly into stride, soon in touch on inside, tracking leaders 6f out, 3rd inside final 2f, ridden one pace and no impression over 1f out £15000-£5000(x2) £3000-£1000 £1500-£500(x2) £13750-£5000 £2200-£800 £1100-£400
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Free Eagle last run at Ascot.........I'll be able to give you a better assessment near the day

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Thu May 28, 2015 10:12 am

Taffy wrote:Trainer Age Weight Jockey SP
1st (5) 3 Noble Mission Lady Cecil 5 9-5 h James Doyle 7/1
Made all, joined 2f out, driven and strongly pressed throughout final furlong, stayed on gamely and found bit extra near finish £2250-£300 £2500-£350
2nd (8) nk 1 Al Kazeem R Charlton 6 9-5 G Baker 16/1
Tracked winner, challenged and edged right 2f out, driven upsides and every chance final furlong, kept on gamely, found no extra and held close home opened 20/1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3rd (2) 1¼ 8 Free Eagle (IRE) D K Weld 3 9-0 P J Smullen 5/2
Slowly into stride, soon in touch on inside, tracking leaders 6f out, 3rd inside final 2f, ridden one pace and no impression over 1f out £15000-£5000(x2) £3000-£1000 £1500-£500(x2) £13750-£5000 £2200-£800 £1100-£400
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Free Eagle last run at Ascot.........I'll be able to give you a better assessment near the day

Hi Taff,
Thanks...TJ

Taffy
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Taffy » Thu May 28, 2015 12:04 pm

Taffy wrote:Sir Michael Stoute has won this three times in the past nine years - all with short-priced favourites. ARAB SPRING faces very stiff competition and has a Group 3 penalty for his victory in the John Porter at Newbury but he looks the type to go on to much better things and is already fancied for the Coronation Cup. Tryster completed a five-timer in the All-Weather Middle-Distance Championship at Lingfield, having already won the Winter Derby there, and there's no reason why he won't be just as effective on tonight's quick going though any rain could scupper his chances. Western Hymn escapes a Group 2 penalty for his victory in France last summer but still won at this level on his reappearance here last month where he had Tullius 7l behind. The runner-up, Postponed, was narrowly beaten in the Tattersalls Gold Cup at the Curragh on Sunday so the form looks strong. Eagle Top has also won at Group 2 level though that was in the 1m4f King Edward VII Stakes and that could prove his optimum trip this season. Niceofyoutotellme is a very useful handicapper but looks just short of this grade.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tryster is entered in the same race as California Chrome , I have this race tonight between Eagle Top and Western Hymn........Tryser has an American pedigree, configuration of track is against the horse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Results
1st (3) 3 Western Hymn J H M Gosden 4 9-3 James Doyle 11/4
2nd (1) hd 1 Arab Spring (IRE) Sir Michael Stoute 5 9-3 R L Moore 9/4f
3rd (2) ½ 5 Niceofyoutotellme R M Beckett 6 9-0 h P J Dobbs 25/1
4th (6) 1¾ 4 Eagle Top J H M Gosden 4 9-0 L Dettori 11/4
5th (4) 7 2 Tryster (IRE) C Appleby

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:08 pm

California Chrome worked today, at Ascot with jockey Frankie Dettori around a right handed bend. Art Sherman caught him going 3/4's in 1:14. He was in company with Aktabantay. Unfortunately Dettori will be unable to ride CC in the Prince Of Wales Stakes on June 17th, he is committed to a mount for John Gosden. Dettori said 'the gallop was a good idea as he came into the bend and wondered what was going on, but he is a quick learner, got on the right leg and soon realized what he was being asked to do. He's in good shape.' TJ
https://twitter.com/Ascot/status/606407 ... 56/video/1

erins isle
Grade III Winner

Postby erins isle » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:21 pm

Good morning to you all,

Since Frankie has to ride for trainer John Gosden, who will be his jockey? I have an idea. There is a freelance jockey, champion in Germany last year. I am talking about flying dutchman Adrie de Vries. This would be so awsome!
The more I get to know people, the more I love animals.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:28 pm

erins isle wrote:Good morning to you all,

Since Frankie has to ride for trainer John Gosden, who will be his jockey? I have an idea. There is a freelance jockey, champion in Germany last year. I am talking about flying dutchman Adrie de Vries. This would be so awsome!

Hi Erin,
Now that we finally have a TC winner in the states....can you imagine the ruckus if Sherman asks Victor Espinoza to ride California Chrome? Reuniting those two to run at Ascot would surely make some headlines. Ten days and counting till CC's date with destiny or defeat?? TJ

da hossman
Allowance Winner

Postby da hossman » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:15 am

William Buick will take the reins on CC
A difference of opinion is what makes horse racing and missionaries.

Will Rogers

Taffy
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Taffy » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:57 pm

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:34 am

Thirteen US runners to compete at the Royal Ascot meet next Tuesday 6/16, through Saturday 6/20. Ten runners from the Wesley Ward barn, one from Graham Motion, one from George Weaver and one shared from Sherman/Guest. Read the article below with the list of those entered. TJ
http://live.drf.com/nuggets/16420

Taffy
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Taffy » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:15 pm

There must be a bet in the Prince Of Wales’s Stakes. Free Eagle looks a very exciting prospect but at 7/2 he has to be worth taking on considering he’s still only managed to make the racecourse four times in his career. The Grey Gatsby is a likeable horse but isn’t a prolific winner, it’s anyone’s guess how California Chrome, with just one turf run under his belt, copes with the undulations, and Western Hymn’s awkward head carriage could well cost him at this level. Japanese star Spielberg produced a blockbuster performance to win the Tenno Sho from multiple Grade One-winning mare Gentildonna and he might be underestimated at 16s, but the one I really like is GAILO CHOP who is available at the even bigger price of 20/1. Antoine de Watrigant's four-year-old is four from five over 10 furlongs, his only defeat at the trip coming when he was a good fourth in the Belmont Derby Invitational Stakes in New York, where he was the only horse not to run on Lasix. He began this season in the Prix d'Ispahan at Longchamp over nine furlongs, where he didn’t quite have the speed to match Solow, the 7/4 favourite for the Queen Anne Stakes. That’s no disgrace, and it could be worth backing Gailo Chop for his assignment before Freddie Head’s charge boosts the form in the meeting’s curtain raiser.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This was taken from the Sporting Life and not my pick as I don't do anti- post bets