Q on the Derby

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Q on the Derby

Postby Joltman » Sun May 03, 2015 11:40 am

Congrats to Am. Pharaoh connections and fans. I have a q tho. Deep stretch incident where Stephens checked on Firing Line. Outcome was determined already so no concern let alone change being the Derby and all. But, if Firing Line was checked bad enough to lose the place spot to Dortmund, do they not have to take Am Pharoah down, put Dortmund up for first, Firing Line 2nd and Am. Ph. 3rd? If it happens a little earlier, Dortmund may have beaten Firing Line after the incident.

jm
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.

bdw0617
Darley line

Re: Q on the Derby

Postby bdw0617 » Sun May 03, 2015 2:30 pm

short of a jokey pulling out a handgun and shooting another jockey in the stretch you will never see a takedown in the derby

that 2009 derby when pioneerof the nile, ironically enough AP's sire, basically mugged Musket Man in the stretch and he didn't get taken down, that told me that all bets are off in the derby
"When the solution is simple, God is answering.”
- Einstein

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Re: Q on the Derby

Postby Mahubah » Mon May 04, 2015 4:08 pm

Chart says Firing Line came out slightly into American Pharoah and brushed.
"A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher...You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse." C. S. Lewis