Darley line

Carpe Diem Out

Postby TJ » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:38 am

Carpe Diem has been withdrawn from consideration for the Belmont Stakes. TJ

da hossman
Allowance Winner

Re: Carpe Diem Out

Postby da hossman » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:58 am

he had no business being entered, always over-rated.
A difference of opinion is what makes horse racing and missionaries.

Will Rogers

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:02 am

da hossman wrote:he had no business being entered, always over-rated.

Hi Hoss,
He wasn't looking good training either...all lathered up in his last work. Still trying to figure out why JV chose him over Materiality in the Derby? TJ

da hossman
Allowance Winner

Postby da hossman » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:43 am

Hi TJ:

If the only factor to consider in choosing Derby mounts was likelihood of winning that race, even Ray Charles would have gone with Carpe Diem. However JV had to consider the down the road implications of his choice....WinStar & Stonestreet are much bigger players than Alto....

Normally I would not even consider a horse out of an unaccomplished Yankee Gentleman mare from a sprinting family for the Belmont. However having seen AP train, having been amazed at how his breezes look like his gallops, having seen how tractable & versatile he is, I have to think he can do it!

Good luck to all and best wishes for safe trip for all Belmont contenders!
A difference of opinion is what makes horse racing and missionaries.

Will Rogers

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:07 am

da hossman wrote:Hi TJ:

If the only factor to consider in choosing Derby mounts was likelihood of winning that race, even Ray Charles would have gone with Carpe Diem. However JV had to consider the down the road implications of his choice....WinStar & Stonestreet are much bigger players than Alto....

Normally I would not even consider a horse out of an unaccomplished Yankee Gentleman mare from a sprinting family for the Belmont. However having seen AP train, having been amazed at how his breezes look like his gallops, having seen how tractable & versatile he is, I have to think he can do it!

Good luck to all and best wishes for safe trip for all Belmont contenders!

Hi Hoss,
I agree concerning AP....he's got a great mind and that is his saving grace, that and his fluid stride. I think he needs one thing, a clean break. The way both those horses at CD are training, they have impressed the heck out of me. I didn't like Keen Ice on paper....but he looks like a monster galloping two miles.
Current weather reports call for a 50% chance of rain Belmont Stakes morning....but it's a long way off to predict accurately? Good luck to you too Hoss and all the Belmont contestants. TJ