Back to Pedigree Query
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:07 pm 
Darley line

California Chrome will return to the races in 2016. He will be given sufficient time off at Taylor Made Farm and when he's ready, will be returned to Art and Alan Sherman at Los Alamitos. TJ
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... ng-in-2016

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:52 pm 
Horse of the Year

Good news as far as I'm concerned.

"A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher...You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse." C. S. Lewis

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:44 am 
Grade I Winner

I agree with what Mahubah said - it would be good for horse racing if/when Chrome is fit and able to come back to racing.

I don't think he has anything else to 'prove' as a race horse/stallion prospect - but a a fan of the sport I hope his return is a/neart the level of his Triple Crown Trail racing and the G-1 second in Dubai - then we might be treated to some great 'older' horse race campaigning!

His chance to show what he brings to the breeding shed is secured by the deal with Taylor and racing fans/"Chromie" fans may look forward to 2016 with hope and anticipation. I look forward to seeing his gleaming coppery coat and showy white markings in a post parade then, but not before he is truly fit/well rested and mentally happy and sharp. He deserves that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:50 pm 
Leading Sire

Art knows how to train this horse - hopefully Taylor Made can bring some method to the Martin Madness.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:04 am 
Darley line

California Chrome returned to the scene of his former glory at Los Alamitos yesterday:>) The time off and his return home has him looking like a bigger, improved version of the 2014 3YO Derby and Preakness winner. Sherman said CC hasn't had a saddle on his back for 3 months and expects it will be another 3 months to get him back to racing fitness. Here's the article. TJ
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... erman-barn