Belmont picks?

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

TJ
Darley line

Re: Belmont picks?

Postby TJ » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:15 am

Altanbarr wrote:No great 3 yr old's this year, at least so far. Arrogate didn't show up until late last year. It will be interesting to see how many furlongs these Triple Crown horses finish behind Arrogate in the BC Classic.

Hi Altanbarr,
There is one 3YO lurking out there which could prove to be the best of this generation? He is pointing to the Haskell Invitational (July 30th) but could find a prep before that. He's been brought along patiently by his connections winning all 3 of his starts. His name is Timeline, trained by Chad Brown, ridden by Javier Castellano and owned by Woodford Racing, LLC (a partnership group managed by the highly successful Bill Farish who also manages Lanes End Farm). Timeline's breeder is Alexander Groves Matz, so you know he's bred to go a distance. Even though Chad Brown decided against running him in the Belmont Stakes (saying he thought the mile and a half distance could be too much for him at this time) and decided the 1 1/8th mile Haskell would be a better fit. He's a horse worth keeping an eye on. TJ

Altanbarr
Allowance Winner

Postby Altanbarr » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:34 am

I do hope someone shows up.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:25 am

We still have some top 3YO's who may move forward after returning from the Derby. Hopefully we will get to see a new and improved version of McCraken this Saturday:>) He could have been compromised with that ankle issue early in the season, which threw off his schedule? McCraken returns in the GR III Matt Winn at CD. It's the same race Gun Runner chose, to make his return to the races after his Derby try last year. Gun Runner will also race this Saturday in the GR I Stephen Foster Handicap for older horses. So it looks like we'll have lots to keep us busy while we await the Mid-Summer Derby at the Spa:>) TJ

Georgerz
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Georgerz » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:17 am

I have the strong feeling that Tapwrit is going to get even better as the season progresses. I'd love to see him winning the Travers at Saratoga.

Affirmed1
Allowance Winner

Postby Affirmed1 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:28 am

I was glad to see Patch get third in the Belmont. He was no threat to the first two,
but it was nice to see the one-eyed wonder finish on the board. 8)

Altanbarr
Allowance Winner

Postby Altanbarr » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:41 pm

Affirmed1:

I think Patch actually ran better than the final results indicated. He ran four wide for the whole race. Tapwrit and IWC hugged the rail all the way around. Not saying Patch was better than those two, but he did run a longer race.

Affirmed1
Allowance Winner

Postby Affirmed1 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:26 pm

Altanbarr- yes, and I think he must be a brave horse to be able to run with one
eye missing. With no depth perception, etc., he impressed me that he did so well.