Breeders' Cup runners - sire/dam?

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

subrosa
Weanling

Breeders' Cup runners - sire/dam?

Postby subrosa » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:25 pm

They call it the Breeders' Cup but they don't give the horses' breeding - not even the winner's. Maybe I missed it? Perhaps the Galileo's will get some recognition.

TJ
Darley line

Re: Breeders' Cup runners - sire/dam?

Postby TJ » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:02 pm

subrosa wrote:They call it the Breeders' Cup but they don't give the horses' breeding - not even the winner's. Maybe I missed it? Perhaps the Galileo's will get some recognition.

Hi Subrosa,
If you go to the handicapping section....you can access the past performances and the breeding for all the horses participating in the BC races via the links provided. If you have a hard time accessing the past performances in the handicapping section, leave a note and I'll try to help you. TJ

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:14 pm

Also, isn't the "Breeders'" in reference to the breeders? The humans?

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:19 am

Cree wrote:Also, isn't the "Breeders'" in reference to the breeders? The humans?

Hi Cree,
Yes, I agree the humans were what they are referencing when they named it the 'Breeder's' Cup. It seemed Subrosa was interested in sires and dams of the BC entrants. Though the breeders of the horses are listed in the past performances as well. TJ

subrosa
Weanling

Postby subrosa » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:58 am

I am watching the Breeders' Cup races on TV. The cable service I have did broadcast all the BC races on Friday but will only show the Classic on Saturday. The announcers have been excellent but I wish they could sneak in the horses' breeding while discussing some of the background stories. They did mention that Mendelssohn, winner of the Juvenile Turf, was a 1/2 brother to Beholder which was really significant.