Help with a thuroughbred

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Stephaniepou
Newborn

Help with a thuroughbred

Postby Stephaniepou » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:30 pm

My father has a thouroughbred horse (I don't have knowdledge on this topic or know which about the terms so please bare with me) He has been cutting himself in every race. His left hind leg to be exact. Jockey is stating that he is cutting himself with his other hind leg, and not with his front ones. There has been a couple of farriers that have seen him. We are located in Florida, he races in gulfstream, one of the best ferriers (I have been told) and seen him and there is still issues. My father states that ever since he has been castrated he has this issue. I am afraid the trainer might not be doing everything in his capacity to aliviarte this issue.

Does anyone know of durable wraps or anything that can be put around his hoove to eliminate the cutting of his legs? I need to make sure it is something allowed to be worn in a rice. Thanks you
I have attached an image that shows where he cuts himself
Attachments
IMG_4977.JPG
IMG_4977.JPG (290.23 KiB) Viewed 2533 times

TJ
Darley line

Re: Help with a thuroughbred

Postby TJ » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:01 am

Hi Stephanie,
I sent you a PM. TJ

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Re: Help with a thuroughbred

Postby wilf » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:00 pm

That pastern ring is usually used when the horse is having shoe boil problems when he is resting on the stall bedding. The request needs more info i.e.is the horse mocking himself at exercise or what??