3-year-old turf races

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Cree
Eclipse Champion

3-year-old turf races

Postby Cree » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:25 am

Anyone catch the races yesterday? The Penn Mile, Pennine Ridge, and Penn Oaks were all very exciting races yesterday.
I was very impressed by Hawkish, who raced greenly in the stretch, but was much the best in the Penn Mile. He looks like he will improve off that race.
Catholic Boy’s re-rally after Analyze It went by him in the stretch was also mighty impressive. Don’t see that often. Analyze It got taken out of his game when Catholic Boy took the lead, but I wonder if he is a miler-type (?). Nice to see Catholic Boy back on the grass.
The 1-2 finishers in the Penn Oaks ran gutsy races, but I like Thewayiam off this race, and probably prefers longer.

Georgerz
Breeder's Cup Contender

Re: 3-year-old turf races

Postby Georgerz » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:32 am

I watched those races on TVG, very interesting and competitive. The Pennine Ridge was a real thrill.

Aug27
Allowance Winner

Postby Aug27 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:48 pm

Take a look at the chart for the Pennine Ridge. One of the most detailed summaries in memory ...

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:59 am

Hi Cree,
I was doing some traveling and just got back...didn't get a chance to check into the racing. But that was one heck of a show Catholic Boy and Analyze It put on. Very impressive run by both...pretty fast 1 1/8th over the turf. Should be interesting when My Boy Jack switches back to the turf and Medelssohn returns for the BC Turf action...if those 4 hook up it's gonna be a hoss' race:>) TJ