Got one in Friday

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

madelyn

Got one in Friday

Postby madelyn » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:01 pm

The 6th at Belterra. Belgian Candy making her 4th try but this is a slender filly very highly strung it'll be a miracle if she can split the field - I told the owner to settle her down we have to run short and cheap to get her in the game. Got new shoes today. Fingers crossed for a safe trip with Virginia Tormey in the irons. Virginia breezed her for me and likes her a lot. Filly has speed its just a matter of keeping her head tied on.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Re: Got one in Friday

Postby Joltman » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:24 am

Hope she settles and comes running.... jm
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:09 pm

pft. Virginia dumped our ass and went to Indiana to ride an allowance race... Got Rogelio Miranda who misunderstood me and took her to the front out of the gate. She ran a Very Game 1/2 mile - came out drank 1/4 bucket of water cleaned up her food etc... entered back for Friday on a short field with a shorter race 5-1/2f I put Rogelio back on because he knows what he did wrong. If he waits to the 3/8 to ask this filly can win.

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Postby Joltman » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:52 pm

tuff business. Hope she finds a good spot. Any opportunities a little closer at Ellis?

jm

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:55 am

Not Ellis - I'm entering THREE tomorrow for Indiana Friday. If it all goes I'll have four in at two tracks on Friday talk about CRAZY. From a five horse stable. :D :D

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:56 pm

.....and it WORKED the 5-1/2f the short field the same rider back on and she WON!!!! I was at Indiana with Stormy Memo who got bumped nearly off her feet in the first turn slithering in the mud from a big storm ran a big race to get 5th.

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:16 pm

A bit late, but congrats on the win!
"A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher...You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse." C. S. Lewis

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:49 am

Thanks Mahubah! I've had five wins a second and a third so far this year from three of my five fillies. The other two have just started back. Queen Maxine is taking no prisoners and will be tough Friday if she gets in.. Smokin Hot Number, my first Thabit foal, ran a game 5th Friday in her 2nd lifetime start beat 8-1/2 lengths in a MSW at Belterra.

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:40 pm

Anything new from your girls?
"A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher...You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse." C. S. Lewis

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:37 am

Ah yes. Miss Pinkerton made it Three in a Row at Belterra Park on August 10th when she ducked into a hole on the rail at the top of the lane and scorched by the whole field to take the Starter 5K by 1/2 length.

Last night after a mini tornado tore across Indiana Grand and dumped a lake of rain to push us off the turf, Queen Maxine skipped over the oil slick mud to an easy win at a mile 70 yards in the 8th.

I am up to 7 wins from the five girls so far this year. My third time starter Smokin Hot Number, in the 3rd at Indiana Before the Storm, showed she does not like soft going on the grass and she really needs a mile. There have been other developments and improvements but those are the wins (highlights).

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Postby Joltman » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:53 pm

Keep it up Madelyn - great to see the stable running strong...

jm

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:33 pm

thanks. It's fun when they are all running.

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:16 pm

Hope it keeps being fun, especially with win photos!

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:39 pm

Is the proposed replacement for Turfway Park likely to have much impact on you, Madelyn?

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:16 am

Well I'm taking them all home first week of November pulling shoes and kicking them out for a couple of months. There will be nowhere to run. Honestly, after all those NSF checks Turfway gave me last year, combined with the really bad low purses the whole night winter racing thing has lost its lustre. If Churchlil manages to yank the days and hold a meet there Jan-March I could run from the farm, save $1500 a month stall rent, and only go 25 minutes from home. I might even think about trying to get a few stalls at Churchill.

Turfway and their "poor me" attitude - they have had nearly FOUR years to install their slot machines and kick money into the purses like everywhere else. They were given the December dates last November when the racing commission parcels out all the dates for the year and now they want to get Jan-Mar 2020 and the clubhouse is probably still a mess with plywood construction cordons that they put up last year so they would look like they were doing something. The grandstand is a very ugly old building that is just old. From the outside it looks like an old clothing manufacturing sweat shop from the '40's. The barns are old and ratty. They act like a spoilt little kid - if they don't get Jan-Mar they won't run December. Pft. I'm staying out of the whole thing. My girls will end up the year having run hard and won and they will need a break anyway.