Finding Owner Information

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

GoldenPhrase
Newborn

Finding Owner Information

Postby GoldenPhrase » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:10 pm

Hi! I recently purchased a OTTB and had his tattoo number researched. I have learned that his official racing name was Golden Phrase. However, the report was unclear to me as to who previously owned him. I think it may have been either Madeleine or Allen Paulson. Is there somewhere else that I can check to see who is original owner was? I know for sure that his breeder was Allen Paulson but I was curious about his owner. Thank you for your help!

henthorn
Eclipse Champion

Postby henthorn » Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:06 pm

What did the Jockey Club say? Did they have his papers? I suspect all that is kept in a big computer just in the event of loss or damage of the originals. Welcome to the forum. :D
Rocking H

GoldenPhrase
Newborn

Postby GoldenPhrase » Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:32 pm

Thank you for the welcome!

I have not contacted the Jockey Club. Would they be able to give me this information? How hard is it to get papers if the previous papers have been lost (he just did not come with them so I am assuming they were lost)? I have two other OTTB's but they've come with papers so I don't know anything about this. Thanks again everyone!

petersd
Maiden Special Weight

Postby petersd » Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:40 pm

From the Jockey Club-

Horse Name: Golden Phrase
Sire: Strawberry Road (AUS)
Dam: Zalataia (FR)
Broodmare Sire: =Dictus
Color: Chestnut
Sex: Gelding
Twin: No
Foaling Date: 05/09/93
Area Foaled: Kentucky
Breeder: Allen E. Paulson

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:29 pm

Can't help with the owner, but I did add him in to the database. He has a lovely pedigree - sire and dam are both Grade 1 winners, and his full brother Fraise won the '92 Breeders' Cup Turf. :)

According to the APR he only ran for one year, racing four times with no placings. Whoever owned him for racing purposes (assuming it wasn't his breeder), they probably didn't have him for too long.

GoldenPhrase
Newborn

Postby GoldenPhrase » Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:31 pm

Thanks for the added information! I love learning anything I can about him! I figured he had pretty good breeding. He very well built and extremely athletic. Thanks again for everyone's help!

I did contact the Jockey Club and they have his first owner listed as Madeleine Paulson.

If anyone else knows how to find other information on him I would love to know! Thank you to everyone who has given me help and information!:-)