Much More Halo

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Much More Halo

Postby Shawklit Won » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:50 pm

I thought that Baffert 2 year old Much More Halo (More Than Ready) was impressive yesterday in a Del Mar MSW race, even though he finished second. Much More Halo led for much of the race but was challenged for the lead by other horses. American Pharoah colt Royal Act went by him from the outside at the end of the race and won by half a length, but I was still impressed by Much More Halo.

I think that Bob Baffert does not consider Much More Halo one of his top 2 year old colts because he doesn't use one of his first call riders on him, but maybe he will be more impressed by him now. Of course, MMH is a turf runner, and Baffert has been more of a dirt trainer. MMH's pedigree does indicate grass.

Anyway, I will be keeping an eye on him and look for him to win some graded stakes races (on grass). Could be interesting.
Shawklit Won.

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Re: Much More Halo

Postby Joltman » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:33 pm

Wouldn't be the first time his second or third off the bench saved the day for him... like Real Quiet.

jm
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:25 pm

It took Real Quiet seven races to win his first race.
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:02 am

Much More Halo finished 2nd yesterday for the 4th time in 7 races. He has finished 2nd in some pretty fast races (1:02 and change in one 5.5F race), so I know he is a fast horse. He finished out of the money in his first race and also in his only race on dirt (he is obviously a turf horse). In his other out of the money race, he finished 4th, but only a length behind the winner.

His time will come, I hope.
Shawklit Won.

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Postby Joltman » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:45 pm

Or just bet him to place...
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:42 pm

Or wheel an exacta with Much More Halo on the bottom.

There was a horse named Jacques Who that finished second 24 times. He was a good horse but kept finishing second. He ended up winning 6 races. Maybe Much More Halo is like that. I still think he is capable of winning graded stakes races. Hope he stays healthy.
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:47 pm

BTW, in his second race, Made You Look finished second to a horse named Royal Act. Since then, Royal Act has finished second in a graded stakes race.
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:04 pm

Workout today at Del Mar (:50 flat for 4F). Just an average work, but Much More Halo should be racing sometime soon, probably at Del Mar.

BTW, his owner paid 390K for him at a two years old in training sale. His owner must have seen something in him. Hope he gets his money's worth.
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:58 pm

Much More Halo is entered in a MSW race at Del Mar on 8/15/20. It doesn't look like he is in with very much, but a first time starter named Cem Sultan could be dangerous. Cem Sultan had a pretty good work on Saturday (8/8), so he might be tough. His trainer is Peter Miller and his rider is U. Rispoli, who has been hot. Cem Sultan is by Lemon Drop Kid and his BM sire is Bernardini.

Baffert and team are taking this one seriously and Mike Smith is in the irons for Much More Halo. He should get this one and will probably be a heavy favorite.
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:15 pm

I can't believe it. Second place again for Much More Halo. What I can't believe is that the horse that beat him was Tilted Towers, a horse that showed hardly anything before (5th and 6th in two races). The horses that I thought might beat him were Cem Sultan and Graziano, who were both first time starters with impressive works.

Anyway, I hope Much More Halo enters a race that is at least 5 and a half furlongs. He always seems to be gaining in these 5F races, but too late.

That makes 5 seconds in 8 races for Much More Halo. He finished 5th in his very first race and was far back in his only race on dirt, which proved that he is a turf horse. In another race he finished 4th, but only 1 length behind the winner.
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:54 pm

Much More Halo finally won one Sunday (10/18) at Santa Anita. That was his 9th race with a win and 5 seconds now. His worst finishes were in his first race and 3rd race, which was on dirt (MMH is a grass horse). He also finished 4th in a race in which he only finished one length behind. So, he is very consistent.

Much More Halo is a beautiful horse and I can see why his owner paid 390K for him. Can't wait to see what he races in next.
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:57 pm

Much More Halo has been racing at the King Abdilaziz Racecourse. He has had 6 races there since he last raced at Santa Anita in 2020. He won an allowance race over there. He apparently was injured after his last race at Santa Anita.
Shawklit Won.