Authentic Fun

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

madelyn

Authentic Fun

Postby madelyn » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:26 am

What a Derby. With no people, but a lot of connections, and still Baffert's "other" horse managed to flip quite magnificently in the paddock, breaking the assistant's arm. Then Authentic cleared the winner's circle pretty spectacularly, throwing Baffert tumbling down on his butt. As usual, what was reported was not what happened. They said Thousand Words flipped in his saddling stall hitting his head and shoulder, while what was on the SCREEN was him on the fence side of the walk ring, up over and down. But there is a significant concrete berm at the edge of the paving stone path and he thumped down pretty hard on that. He was shaky and looked a bit off after he got up and scratching him was the Right Call.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Re: Authentic Fun

Postby Joltman » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:24 pm

The Derby never fails deliver on 'Strange' but exciting. Looking forward though to the first day in May not September. I submit that Tiz the Law wins big on the orig Derby date. I would save him for the Breeder's Cup. Nothing to prove, already has a classic win.

On another Derby note --- has anyone been talking about the fact that Oaks and Derby handle were both down 50%? That is saying SOMETHING - but what? Any talk of purse cuts at Churchill or other tracks? Of course they'll unload Arl real quick now.

jm
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:44 pm

Storm Cat over Gone West
https://www.pedigreequery.com/authentic14

Wonder if that's considered a good nick on the enick/ truenick sites.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:47 am

I'm sure it will be now, if it wasn't before.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:48 am

Good, cause I got one in the oven for 2021. Every little good omen is welcome. :lol: