Aargh! Some city up north must want its winter back!

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

madelyn

Aargh! Some city up north must want its winter back!

Postby madelyn » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:17 am

I entered on Feb 5th first entry of the year; race did not go. Bounced onto the overnight. Again, overfilled but did not go. We bounced like that every overnight for a while. Then finally we got in for Feb 19th, perfect race... but the ice storm that came in Thursday the 12th was followed by a couple of snowstorms and we ended up with two weeks of races Cancelled... now we have entered every day since, including the cancelled day and keep getting bounced back, well one time we were excluded they had 19 or something. This filly has been ready forever. We've had training disruptions but been able to shedrow. Normally this time of year is 50's days and 20-30's nights. We are having 20's days and teens and singles nights and the ice and snow is all still here!!! And now it looks like 50's tomorrow and we turn from snow to mud.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Re: Aargh! Some city up north must want its winter back!

Postby Joltman » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:13 pm

yikes....
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.

madelyn

Re: Aargh! Some city up north must want its winter back!

Postby madelyn » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:37 pm

Our track was great this morning back to biz but we need a reminder like this every 7 or 10 years or so why we will never live Further North than here.... Many of my horses have never seen snow You should have seen them snorting and wide eyed and not wanting to go out of the barn.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....