Tomorrow's graded stakes

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

henthorn
Eclipse Champion

Tomorrow's graded stakes

Postby henthorn » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:20 am

I was playing around on Brisnet two weeks ago and decided to spend the $4.00 to custom make a race card of past performances for the Saturday to come. I rarely go to the track anymore, as I'm invested so into the daily gambling of being an owner/breeder. Off to the simulcasts I went to Remington Park with my $100 in hand and some refreshment money. No prior evaluation, but I was able to place bets on all but one of the graded stakes across the country that day. One small exacta was the only ticket I cashed early in the day and all else was turning out to be a bust. I got tired of sitting around between races, handicapped and bet the final two races and went home. The final race paid $502, and I got $400 ahead for the day.

Armed with this knowledge, and wanting to watch the multiple great stakes tomorrow, I'm going to try my hand again. This time there are more races available, and some are within a few minutes of each other. So I think I'll handicap some of those in advance, and come home to watch at least some of them on NBC. This time I'll try to get some other aficionados to go along to make it more fun.
Rocking H