Hedgehunter ever so easy in the National

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

erins isle
Grade III Winner

Hedgehunter ever so easy in the National

Postby erins isle » Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:18 am

This afternoon I was nailed to my chair in front of the TV looking at the last part of the BBC three days event of national hunt racing. What a thrill!!
I have never seen a horse winning so easily like Hedgehunter and Irish Ruby Walsh sitting as quiet as a churchmouse, on such a great horse! It was Ruby Walsh fifth atempt in the National, he won already on board of Papillon/
There was also great dissapointment when Clan Royal with champion jockey Tony McCoy on board got interfeared with some lose horses. They went to the left and so was also Clan Royal. He stopped and unsaddled Mc Coy. My favouorite Amberleight Houses ended tenth, he was too far away and the rain in the morning did no good to it. Forrest Gunner with lady jockey Carrie Ford finished fifth after a great race. And I am pleased to say that of 40 horses 21 finished and all fallen horses are ok.

henthorn
Eclipse Champion

Postby henthorn » Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:09 pm

Now those are tough horses and riders! Sounds like quite a spectacle. Glad you enjoyed it, Erin.
Rocking H

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:31 pm

Dang it all, missed it... don't know if it was on TVG, we had a birthday party to host. :cry:
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....