FUGASI ROCK STAR RETURNS

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

louis finochio
Darley line

FUGASI ROCK STAR RETURNS

Postby louis finochio » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:03 am

FRS has returned to training after getting over a sore foot. Bob Baffert trains and Roberto his groom, was the groom of Point Given.
Those without sin cast the first stone.
Louis Finochio

FOS
Freshman Sire

Postby FOS » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:19 am

hi louis finochio

I for one thought that Point Given was a 'monster' race horse...has Roberto offered any comparison(s) between him and his current 'big-guy' Fusaichi Rock Star?

Respectfully

louis finochio
Darley line

Postby louis finochio » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:41 pm

I will ask Roberto to compare Point Given to FRS, and I will post it later.

Louis Finochio

FOS
Freshman Sire

Postby FOS » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:36 pm

hi louis

Thanks...I look forward to it.

I always find it interesting to hear what the grooms have to say. The depth of knowledge (coupled with experience) that so many of them have is wonderful. And it's always great to see how the horses that they are entrusted with, respond to their caring...often resulting in a unique bond...a connection.

Best to you.

Respectfully

louis finochio
Darley line

Postby louis finochio » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:58 pm

Hi FOS: I asked Roberto FRS groom about a comparison between Point Given and FRS. Roberto said that Point Given was a super horse and the bad tendon injury that stopped him happened at the wrong time.

FRS is a couple of ticks below Point Given, as there is not many of TB in Point Given's class.

Roberto has a 2003 ch. Point Given colt out of Classic Threat, by Regal Classic. His name is Point of Impact, and he is a carbon copy of Point Given, same size and could double for his sire Point Given.

Lets hope Point of Impact inherits Point Given's ability and goes on to greater heights. Be Well Louis.

Louis Finochio

FOS
Freshman Sire

Postby FOS » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:55 pm

hi louis

Thanks so much for the insights and info.

Roberto describes Point Given as a "super horse"...I considered him a 'monster' race horse. He was arguably the most awesome three-year-old in recent years (in America).

The first time I saw him in the flesh...his size and power appeared to be so overwhelming that he looked like he could have been designed by a graphics artist for a sci-fi movie.

Regardless of his enormous physical stature, powerful body and rippling muscles...he was certainly not a poster-horse for flawless conformation. Ultimately his tendon probably couldn't withstand the rigors induced by a misaligned limb...but he proved in the G1 Haskell (where I'll bet Roberto had him glued together) that he could beat nice horses while running on three good legs.

You wrote "... there is not many (thoroughbreds) in Point Given's class." I agree !

Based on your description of Point of Impact (by Point Given)...I very much look forward to see how his career unfolds.

As far as Fusaichi Rock Star goes...I suggest that any horse that's just "a couple of ticks below Point Given" (as you indicated he is per Roberto) is still a force to be reckoned with (in my book).

Best to you.

Respectfully