Eye Pea Oh

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Swaps1955
Allowance Winner

Eye Pea Oh

Postby Swaps1955 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:50 pm

Eye Pea Oh pulled up after the start at Santa Anita today and was vanned off. He's a nine year old and a really wonderful competitor. Anyone know anything about what happened or how he's doing?

louis finochio
Darley line

Postby louis finochio » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:19 pm

Corey Nagatani pulled up Eye Pea Oh right after the start, then EPO was vanned off the track and taken to Mark Glatt's barn.

EPO was jogged and inspected by the state vet, he could find no evidence that EPO was lame or injured.

EPO is being sent to Emerald Meadows, in Wa. to race he will leave today Tuesday.

Thanks Tayo, Mark Glatt foreman for giving me the news about EPO.

This is an example of what the fans are trying to find out about what happened to their TB that they are following. Their is a big gap missing in the news of these TB that dissapear overnight, as the fans are left in the dark.

Frank Stronach and other industry officials are you will to keep the public informed or will your head remain stuck in the sand.
Those without sin cast the first stone.
Louis Finochio

Swaps1955
Allowance Winner

Postby Swaps1955 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:45 pm

Hi, Louis,

Just returned from our trip and saw the good news about EPO. People concerned at Thoroughbred Champions forwarded your information to the posters there! Thank you so much for all your legwork, attention and help!

You are so right about the tracks not realizing the importance of keeping fans updated about the horses they follow. I'll go to the races to see a good race (S.A.Derby, Handicap, etc.) but will also make many more trips to see a favorite--regardless of how far down the ladder that horse might have fallen.

Too bad the track doesn't have someone who seeks out this backstretch information and then posts it on the track website. Last fall, a really beautifully bred son of Golden Attraction broke down back east. I contacted the track and was told he walked onto the van himself and was, therefore, ok. He wasn't. He was put down. That information, while deeply saddening, doesn't keep me from returning to such a wonderful and beautiful sport.The tracks need someone who will check out information and then is willing to email people about their concerns. I know that I, for one, would be willing to do that.

Thanks again.

Wendy