WHATS CAUSING THE SHORT FIELDS?

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

louis finochio
Darley line

Postby louis finochio » Mon May 02, 2005 6:05 am

To each his own, thats what makes this forum great, a variety of opinions.

Everyone has their own formula to breed the big horse, if the formula consistently works then you will continue to use that formula, if it dosent you will seek another.

Years ago when I started researching TB nicking patterns, the first thing I did was to research the great breeders of the past.

I found their successful breeding patterns that consistently produced the big horse. When you see these breeding patterns you will learn to breed quality TB.

Some sires lines nick with certain lines and some wont. This is where most of of the succesful breeders have learned to produce the big horses.

The breeders that dont believe in these bloodline affinitys will breed non-de plum TB.

This is a tough business, but it is a challenge to breed the big horse, thats what drives us breeders on to beat all the odds against us.

If your not successful you must try and try again, as only the strong survive.
Those without sin cast the first stone.
Louis Finochio

Tucumcari
Chef de Race: Brilliant

Postby Tucumcari » Mon May 02, 2005 12:27 pm

Thanks Madelyn,
sometimes a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing, don't you think?! I feel less tense today and refuse to allow the shallow and uneducated views of one such person add to my angst. Today anyway...

I tell myself daily, "Don't feed the animals..." But sometimes I just can't help myself. I have self diagnosed myself to have a mild form of turette's (sp) syndrome... :wink:

louis finochio
Darley line

Postby louis finochio » Mon May 02, 2005 1:53 pm

Relax and enjoy your challenge of trying to breed the big horse.

Dont let the stress of daily life move your moods.

Thats one of the joys of being able to own, breed, and race TB, as its a diversion of the fast city life.

May peace be with you and your family, as were all brothers and sisters. Amen.
Those without sin cast the first stone.

Louis Finochio

Tucumcari
Chef de Race: Brilliant

Postby Tucumcari » Mon May 02, 2005 6:26 pm

sigh... :roll: