Bellamy Road

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

skeenan
Grade I Winner

Re: lll

Postby skeenan » Thu May 12, 2005 3:42 am

KAL wrote:I don't care if it were a four horse field and the other three horses were $3500 Beaulah Park sprinters... I don't care if they had to delay the 11th race just so they could finish... I don't care if the ambulance and the outriders pass them coming down the stretch... I don't care if the drunks in the infield that try to keep up with the horses actually beat them to the finish line... I don't care if they said my horse were the "worst horse to ever look through the bridle"... Mrs. Genter laughs instead of cries... Carl Nafzger exclaims that he hates everyone around him... Bob Lewis is heard to utter a derogatory obscenity... Jenine Sahadi and Bob Baffert are seen holding hands... the Stanford Band has to be negotiated in the final furlong... the network switches to Heidi as they enter the stretch... and Andy Beyer gives the race a -0... my ultimate dream as a breeder would be realized to see a horse I bred cross that line first.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What a great visual! :wink:
Last edited by skeenan on Thu May 12, 2005 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ill-bred
Starters Handicap

Postby Ill-bred » Thu May 12, 2005 8:51 am

Sam-

You truly are a heretic.

C'mon, it's THE DERBY! AKA one of the greatest traditions in the wide world of sports and a clear No. 1 on the American Racing calendar.

By the way, the day after I post on here saying too much emphasis is being put on speed figures, the first assignment I was given today at work was to write a story about how the various figure makers rated the Derby.

LOL

FOS
Freshman Sire

Postby FOS » Thu May 12, 2005 8:57 am

hi skeenan

That "great visual" (as you describre it) has to be credited 100% to KAL.

Great stuff !!!

Best to you.

Respectfully

Sam
Chef de Race: Intermediate

Postby Sam » Thu May 12, 2005 12:05 pm

Ill-bred wrote:You truly are a heretic.

And this is news to you? :wink: Come on, it's not like I haven't told you that before. You boys couldn't even drag my ass to a tourny and you think the DERBY is going to make me weak in the knees :lol:

Ill-bred wrote:C'mon, it's THE DERBY! AKA one of the greatest traditions in the wide world of sports and a clear No. 1 on the American Racing calendar.

And I'm Roberto line, remember .. we like grass and distance 8)

Ill-bred wrote:By the way, the day after I post on here saying too much emphasis is being put on speed figures, the first assignment I was given today at work was to write a story about how the various figure makers rated the Derby.

Points ... laughs ...

I feel for you.

Did I hear right, Giacomo only got a 100 for that effort? Damn, I missed it by 2 points.

skeenan
Grade I Winner

Postby skeenan » Thu May 12, 2005 2:00 pm

FOS wrote:hi skeenan

That "great visual" (as you describre it) has to be credited 100% to KAL.

Great stuff !!!

Best to you.

Respectfully

Ooops! Deleted the wrong "quote" part... I changed it! :oops: