Santa Anita Derby's "dismal bunch"

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

roving boy
Allowance Winner

Santa Anita Derby's "dismal bunch"

Postby roving boy » Mon May 09, 2005 10:38 am

OK, I did not have Giacomo, but I can say that I never fell for the Beyer numbers assigned to the SA runners as opposed to those awarded to the Wood, Florida and Bluegrass.

So 3 of the first 5 came from the SA Derby? What's that, did you say 4 of the first 6?

Who works for Beyer in CA? Do they still have a job?
Roving Boy

hdembski
Maiden Special Weight

to roving

Postby hdembski » Mon May 09, 2005 11:45 am

Great post. I have found that say with a horse like Don't get mad, he merely disliked the going at Santa Anita but loved Churchill. In my years of experience with CA horses betting wise. When they race first time in NY or Kentucky they either generally hate the tracks out east or relish them. Same with turf, some like the concrete turf out west, some like a very deep turf like a Woodbine. Giacomo had a half sib who won out west but i've always thought of Holy Bull as a more east coast track horse. And some horses do well on both types of tracks.

ef
Maiden Special Weight

Re: Santa Anita Derby's "dismal bunch"

Postby ef » Mon May 09, 2005 11:51 am

Not that there's really any point to saying so, but it sure makes Sweet Catomine's fifth to all these boys look...not so bad, huh?

roving boy wrote:OK, I did not have Giacomo, but I can say that I never fell for the Beyer numbers assigned to the SA runners as opposed to those awarded to the Wood, Florida and Bluegrass.

So 3 of the first 5 came from the SA Derby? What's that, did you say 4 of the first 6?

Who works for Beyer in CA? Do they still have a job?

louis finochio
Darley line

Postby louis finochio » Mon May 09, 2005 4:09 pm

As my old friend Jack Van Berg said time only has importance when your in jail.

When you look back at the final times of the SA Derby and Wood you will agree with Jack Van Berg.
Those without sin cast the first stone.
Louis Finochio