Did anyone watch America Alive Sat.?

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

skeenan
Grade I Winner

Did anyone watch America Alive Sat.?

Postby skeenan » Mon May 09, 2005 12:28 pm

America Alive ran the Woodford Reserve Turf Classic at Churchill Downs on Saturday... I don't follow turf runners (*no idea* who he is), but that was one of the most exciting races I've watched!! He came from all the way back, dead last all by himself, to win it!!

I was impressed, anyway!! :roll:

Denise
Restricted Stakes Winner

America Alive

Postby Denise » Mon May 09, 2005 1:20 pm

I did, Skeenan, because all of our runners in our small string are turfers.
I was happy to see this horse make such a great late run, because I really liked his deceased sire, American Chance. He died fairly young, so I hope his best are yet to come and will show more grass propensity. With Alydar in the broodmare sire position, and Alydar becoming a good turf influence, this was a long shot pick we should have had. :shock:
I hope someday our youngsters will be the upset long shot in a big turf race like this.

skeenan
Grade I Winner

Postby skeenan » Mon May 09, 2005 6:18 pm

That's cool! Thanks for the background info, too...

I esp. liked watching the arial replay- the jockey did an excellent job (in my humble opinion) working him through the holes. One looked like it was almost going to close, but he made it through cleanly...

hdembski
Maiden Special Weight

Postby hdembski » Tue May 10, 2005 11:13 am

America had a great Pedigree and if you look at his form, it was clear he was a horse on the improve and maturing nicely. I had him and i'm sure he'll be a force on turf with continued improvement.