Scrappy T
Malibu Moonshine
Hal's Image

On the Fence:

Don't Get Mad
Flower Alley
High Limit

Unknowns:

Zito plans on running 2 (Andromeda's Hero isn't one of them, that leaves Sun King, Noble Causeway, and Bellamy Road. I'm thinking it'll be Sun King and Noble Causeway) and Lukas is sending 5 but is only planning on running 1.

Bloodhorse story

louis finochio
Darley line

Postby louis finochio » Tue May 10, 2005 6:32 am

The only way to play the game is to go day by day and monitor the condition of these 3 yr. olds, as their efforts in the Derby will take its toll on the weak individuals. As only the strong and robust will survive.

All the TC winners had that strong constitution, and the will of a champion.

We will soon find out if this years 3 yr. olds will fit the mold of the past.
Those without sin cast the first stone.
Louis Finochio

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Tue May 10, 2005 12:29 pm

I believe Wilko will be a won't go.... he bled too hard in the Derby. If if was my horse he would be laid off with light conditioning work for eight weeks to let the airway and lungs heal.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

louis finochio
Darley line

Postby louis finochio » Tue May 10, 2005 1:56 pm

Wilko also had a quarter crack that his farrier Wes Champagne tried to patch up.

There is a time to run and a time to rest, now its Wilkos time for R&R.

Louis Finochio

StrawberryFelidos
Allowance Winner

Postby StrawberryFelidos » Tue May 10, 2005 2:03 pm

Wilko's connections don't strike me as having that kind of patience, as they've run with several cracks and other issues before (he seems to get a new crack every time he runs). I think they'll push on through to the Preakness. Not saying that I agree, but I think they will.

Sam
Chef de Race: Intermediate

Postby Sam » Tue May 10, 2005 2:59 pm

Personally, I hope the colt gets a cold or something that will keep him out of the Preakness ... which would be the best thing for him. I doubt he'd be fresh enough for the Belmont. I'd rather they take him back to CA and sit on him until the Swaps.

louis finochio
Darley line

Postby louis finochio » Sat May 14, 2005 3:10 pm

I spoke to Robert the foreman for Jeff Mullins today 5-14, and he told me Buzzards Bay will skip the Preakness and run in the Belmont.

Jeff Mullins told me Buzzards Bay has 3 Belmont winners in his pedigree.

This is a wise decision as Buzzards Bay will be a fresh horse when the Belmont day arrives.

Louis Finochio

FOS
Freshman Sire

Postby FOS » Sat May 14, 2005 5:37 pm

hi guys

Like Giacomo or not...it's nice to see that his connections are game...and apparently intend to run him in the Preakness.

Most everyone seems to be 'throwing-him-out' as the probable winner of the 2nd leg of the triple-crown (I've seen several polls that indicate approx 80% of those polled give him no chance to win the Preakness) but I suggest that Giacomo may be a horse that's getting really-right at just the right time...hmmm.

And if Closing Argument's 'right' he could be very tough again. If you recall...he won at Gulfstream months ago...skipped the Fla Derby because of a bruised foot...needed the Bluegrass (where he gamely finished third allbeit a well-beaten third) as a tightener (for lack of a better decription) for the Ky Derby...and was the only horse among the early first flight of runners in the "Derby" that was still there to challenge for a win as they were coming down the stretch and approaching the wire. Again...if he's 'right'...I suggest that Closing Argument could be very tough in the Preakness. Remember he's NEVER finished worst than third EVER.

As for Afleet Alex, I believe it's very fair to say that he's always game also (other than his start prior to the ArkDerby that was apparently a legit throw-out)...and I expect he might very well be the race-day favorite. He's such a nice horse.

As for Wilko...he seems to dance every dance...but post "Derby" reports regarding his condition seem to raise some questions regarding his immediate future. I hope that his connections give Wilko the respect he has earned and deserves...and will put his well-being at the very top of their list at decision making time. If he runs in the Preakness...I expect he'll lay it all on the line (regardless of his condition)...that seems to be his style...as honest as they come.

As for Don't Get Mad...the Preakness will be his 3rd start in 4 weeks (if he runs). If he performs Big...and comes out of the race none-the-worse-for-wear...he may be tagged as an iron horse.
I look forward to the Preakness...but for whatever reason(s) there seems to be some excitement and/or luster missing (at least for now). But if Giacomo pulls it off...I expect things will heat-up very quickly...and triple crown fever will take-hold.

Respectfully

louis finochio
Darley line

Postby louis finochio » Sat May 14, 2005 5:42 pm

To the victorious go the laurels of victory. Lets ge it on and see who is for real and who is not.

Louis Finochio

Final Voyage
Yearling

Postby Final Voyage » Sat May 14, 2005 7:30 pm

Buzzard's Bay was one of my picks for the Derby. Didn't notice he carried 3 Derby winners in his pedigree though :oops: I still like Alfeet Alex, but i'll root for Giacomo.

Next Saturday i'll give a toast to Gordon Sumner too. :wink:

I'd love to see a new iron horse added to the history books. If Don't Get Mad puts in a good showing, It'll be all the better. :P
All Roads Lead Home When You Know Where Your Going... And Sometimes When You Don't!