GSV Betting Rules

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

George William Smith
Restricted Stakes Winner

GSV Betting Rules

Postby George William Smith » Wed May 11, 2005 11:17 am

Since my last post was to General Discussion generated hardly a ripple, I thought it prudent to post my GSV Betting Rules on this Forum since Racing was probably were it should have appeared anyway. Here are the simple rules I devised so that it is relatively simple for handicappers to try their hand at using it and report back either failure or success. Scientific Methodology demands that similar results can be duplicated by others using the same application of theory. Listers may see the complete results of using my GSV Betting Rules at end of this posting.

Here are the rules:
GSV Betting Rules: Stampede Park, Calgary, Alberta [adjustments should be made for other tracks]
High Claiming: $20,000 or above
Middle Claiming: $12,000 – 19,000
Lower Claiming: < $12,000
MSW = Maiden Special Weight
Please note that by picking and choosing certain race levels and fine tuning the conditions below a greater profit per bet might be available to the handicapper.

1. If the race is for winners, go to 2 else 7.
2. If the race has one or more entrants with a GSV >= 60.70 go to 3 else 6.
3. If one or more of the horses has at least 20% wins then 4 else 5
4. The choice is the horse with the highest Earnings per start in the race.
5. The choice is the horse with the highest % of wins regardless of the GSV score [so horses with GSV’s < 60.70 are eligible to be chosen as the pick.
6. The choice is the horse with the highest % of wins.
7. If the race is a Maiden Special Weight event go to 8 else 16.
8. If there are no entrants with GSV scores of 65.5 or higher go to 9, else 10.
9. The choice is the horse with the highest Average Earnings/Start.
10. If there are one or more entrants that are unraced go to 11 else 12.
11. The choice is the horse with the highest GSV score above 65.5 that is unraced.
12. If one or more of the entrants are placed the choice becomes the horse that has the best record of 2nd and 3rd place finishes per start with 2nds ranked above 3rds [ties broken by earnings/start]. If none are placed go to 13.
13. If none of the remaining entrants have a GSV > 63.5 to 14, else 15.
14. The choice is the horse with the highest earnings / start.
15. From the entrants with GSV scores above 63.5, the choice is the horse that has the best record of 2nd and 3rd place finishes / start with 2nds ranked above 3rds [ties broken by earnings/start]
16. If the race is a Maiden high claimer or middle claimer go to 17, else 22.
17. If none of the entrants have a GSV above 62, go to 18 else 19.
18. The choice is the horse with the highest earnings/start.
19. If none of the entrants above 62 have placed go to 20 else 21.
20. The choice is the horse with the highest earnings/start.
21. The choice becomes the horse with the best record of 2nd and 3rd place finishes/start with 2nds ranked above 3rds [ties broken by earnings/start].
22. If the race is a Maiden low claimer the GSV threshold is 60, not 62. If none of the entrants have a GSV above 60, go to 23 else 24.
23. The choice is the horse with the highest earnings/start.
24. If none of the entrants above 60 have placed go to 25 else 26.
25. The choice is the horse with the highest earnings/start.
26. The choice becomes the horse with the best record of 2nd and 3rd place finishes/start with 2nds ranked above 3rds [ties broken by earnings/start].
End Program

http://www.members.shaw.ca/thematchmaker/GSVBettingRules.pdf

here2learn
Newborn

Postby here2learn » Wed May 11, 2005 1:04 pm

A couple of questions... From your pdf file in the link...

What do the initials in the "Bet" column mean? Is that the horse the system picked? And, what is the significance of the Bold print horses?

So I don't have to do a week's worth of math, is there a summary win/loss for all of the races in your study?

siegy
Allowance Winner

Postby siegy » Wed May 11, 2005 1:41 pm

here2learn wrote:A couple of questions... From your pdf file in the link...

What do the initials in the "Bet" column mean? Is that the horse the system picked? And, what is the significance of the Bold print horses?

So I don't have to do a week's worth of math, is there a summary win/loss for all of the races in your study?

hi this is Siegy,

in case the lord answser me i, am a winner for sure.
no pun intended,but george gets on my nerves sometimes......... :roll:

Best Siegy,
Flora is beginning of biology, chemistry is master.

George William Smith
Restricted Stakes Winner

GSV

Postby George William Smith » Wed May 11, 2005 9:52 pm

Bold Print indicates the horse was in the top 2 of the highest GSV scores or the top 2 highest earnings per start. Since I add to the totals every race day, I have left them off to save time. You can look at the list and pick and choose which class levels you want to test yourself.

The initials in the Bet column indicate a Bet on a race where horses have won at least one race [B1] and in a maiden race [MB].

George William Smith
Restricted Stakes Winner

On my nerves

Postby George William Smith » Wed May 11, 2005 10:03 pm

You are right Siegy. I do get on nerves sometimes with all this blatant spinning of my GSV stuff. I do post it here to pat myself on the back, but I also post it to have it challenged and refuted if there is nothing to it.

Pedigree pundits give all this mumbo jumbo about this sister and that brother and dad was great at this distance with no facts behind them, so I thought that presenting the raw data and how it was arrived at would be inspirational to get behind or bury 6 feet under.

You, however, have chosen to kick me in the butt [not hard] but a good enough lesson to save me from wasting my time on this forum. I've just given myself a just and defendable sentence of six months without posting on this list.

George

yukidragon
Starters Handicap

Postby yukidragon » Wed May 11, 2005 11:04 pm

I enjoy reading about GVS,im not a better as of yet.
Im not closed minded either,I enjoy learning more than just pedigrees.
Everyone here has something to offer, if not least we all have opinions to share from time to time.
I do believe all the pieces count in the game of a winner.
I dont believe in one thing solely over another it all has to work,this is only my opinion or aleast most of the pieces have to spark at the sametime.
I use all the tools I can find to pick a stallion for my mare.
Im getting great looking results to feed an pamper.
Please dont run George off.

Bill from WA
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Bill from WA » Thu May 12, 2005 7:27 am

Hi George

You don't get on my nerves. I, for one, appreciate how you have shared the countless hours of work that you present here free of charge. You also give us all clear methods of application (not cryptic) so everyone can see if they want to include your research into their own methodology. I thank you.

Bill
Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is like a broken winged bird that cannot fly.

Langston Hughes

FOS
Freshman Sire

Postby FOS » Thu May 12, 2005 8:51 am

hi George William Smith

I appreciate your efforts, opinions, insights and nuggets-of-wisdom.

Who could ask for anything more?

Best to you.

Respectfully

siegy
Allowance Winner

Re: On my nerves

Postby siegy » Thu May 12, 2005 10:37 am

George William Smith wrote:You are right Siegy. I do get on nerves sometimes with all this blatant spinning of my GSV stuff. I do post it here to pat myself on the back, but I also post it to have it challenged and refuted if there is nothing to it.

Pedigree pundits give all this mumbo jumbo about this sister and that brother and dad was great at this distance with no facts behind them, so I thought that presenting the raw data and how it was arrived at would be inspirational to get behind or bury 6 feet under.

You, however, have chosen to kick me in the butt [not hard] but a good enough lesson to save me from wasting my time on this forum. I've just given myself a just and defendable sentence of six months without posting on this list.

George

hi george and bill,

i, provide the same numbers as to the genes, from the femele side.
so i, work at it too,
please feel free to asked if you still not understand !
there is a race on the board at the del-mar forum, so check it out and see.
silent wittness can fall in this race looke at the energy totals.
hope to it george and bill,
3 heads are better then one - hopefully,
no harme intended just drying to get to the truth of the right numbers.
what work's best.
you asked George for other opinions 12 month ago so hear it is.
Yours respectfuly Siegy, (kanuk)
Flora is beginning of biology, chemistry is master.

RagnorakPA
Newborn

GSV

Postby RagnorakPA » Fri May 13, 2005 7:26 am

George,
I'm interested in GSV but I'm not sure how it works. Unfortunately, due to some serious security issues where I am (Middle East), I can't access the PDF files you have on your site and can only access your site periodically, at best. I'm wondering if I can convince you to email me the information about GSV or give me a rundown here.

Thanks!
-Andrew