Lost In The Fog gets two challengers

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

StrawberryFelidos
Allowance Winner

Postby StrawberryFelidos » Sat May 14, 2005 7:58 pm

By the way, did anyone take any pictures?!?

Tucumcari
Chef de Race: Brilliant

Postby Tucumcari » Sun May 15, 2005 11:35 am

No pics from me :x . Stupid batteries!!! Stupid me for not making sure it was charged....
I must have some VERY blonde roots

llbean
Grade III Winner

Postby llbean » Sun May 15, 2005 10:26 pm

Equibase is giving the 5f time as 54.92; still amazing though given he wasn't pushed...

-llbean

Final Voyage
Yearling

Postby Final Voyage » Sun May 15, 2005 11:22 pm

Okay... stupid question coming :oops: .... prepare yourself! :wink: !!!!

Wasn't he a Derby contende :?: r?? and why didn't he run in it??

Got any pictures... this is the second forum i've heard rave reivews about Lost In The Fog.
All Roads Lead Home When You Know Where Your Going... And Sometimes When You Don't!

FOS
Freshman Sire

Postby FOS » Mon May 16, 2005 12:20 am

hi llbean

You wrote "The Time For Lost is Freakish."

Agreed...and RARE...to say the least.

That kind of speed is the main reason that I find Omega Code so appealing as a young stallion...big pedigree (by Elusive Quality out of a Deputy Minister)...a knockout to look at with an exceptional front-end...and he won a $100k stakes race as a TWO-year old in 1:07 3/5.

I'd say that Omega Code's 1:07 3/5 as a two year old is every bit as "freaky" as Lost In The Fog's 1:07 1/5 as a three-year-old.

What do you think?

Best to you.

Respectfully

Sam
Chef de Race: Intermediate

Postby Sam » Mon May 16, 2005 1:26 am

Final Voyage wrote:Wasn't he a Derby contende :?: r?? and why didn't he run in it?

Only in the eyes of the drooling masses. His owners came out after one of the preps back in March (I want to say after he ran off with the Swale) and said they had no intention of running him in the Derby and never even bothered to nominate him for the race.

Final Voyage
Yearling

Argh!!! Another one for the land of "lost opportunities

Postby Final Voyage » Mon May 16, 2005 6:09 am

Seems Lost In The Fog is another horse, some will end up wondering "what might have been" if he continues his winning ways. I'm sure there's plenty of money involved in nominating a horse for any race on the Triple Crown trail, with no guarantee of a return. Still though as much as i've heard about this horse across different forums, i'd have to wonder if his owners :wink: aren't "Lost in the fog" themselves. :shock:

On the other hand, maybe not being in that series will help him prove himself beyond what the Derby horses do. A Triple Crown series horse seems to end up at stud a lot sooner, before he's ran too many races and shown beyond a shadow of a doubt that he's stud material.

Maybe "Foggy" will have a longer career, race a few years, and come back to have the last laugh in the stud barn!!! :lol:
All Roads Lead Home When You Know Where Your Going... And Sometimes When You Don't!

FOS
Freshman Sire

Postby FOS » Mon May 16, 2005 7:41 am

hi guys

I'm hearing that Taylor-Made may be hot on his trail (as I expect others are also).

Respectfully

Tairaterces
Grade III Winner

Postby Tairaterces » Mon May 16, 2005 8:23 am

He was freaking unbelievable . . . . . . . . .you know he's going fast but he doesn't look like it. And he really looks like he is enjoying himself.

I'm in Love . . . . . . . . . . . .

T
"and Secretariat let no one down on the unforgettable afternoon of June 9, 1973, when he ran a hole in the wind"
~Bob Ehalt~

Avatar: Istabraq (Sadler's Wells x Betty's Secret by Secretariat) Champion Hurdler

Sam

Re: Argh!!! Another one for the land of "lost opportuni

Postby Sam » Mon May 16, 2005 11:53 am

Final Voyage wrote:Seems Lost In The Fog is another horse, some will end up wondering "what might have been" if he continues his winning ways. I'm sure there's plenty of money involved in nominating a horse for any race on the Triple Crown trail, with no guarantee of a return. Still though as much as i've heard about this horse across different forums, i'd have to wonder if his owners :wink: aren't "Lost in the fog" themselves. :shock:

The horse is a sprinter, giving no real indication that he can go a mile, let alone a mile and a quarter.

I think the owners in this case are the only ones with a brain and the general masses need to pull their heads out of their collective asses and realize that JUST because a horse is an excellent sprinter, that doesn't mean he can or even SHOULD attempt to stretch out.

There's a reason it's called "Derby Fever" and I for one am very glad this colt's connections didn't catch it. Far too many good horses are ruined because some jackass tries to make it do something it doesn't want or can't do.

Ill-bred
Starters Handicap

Postby Ill-bred » Mon May 16, 2005 12:15 pm

Note that Lost in the Fog is not nominated to the Breeders' Cup either..... :roll:

Sam

Postby Sam » Mon May 16, 2005 12:57 pm

wavin :D Hong Kong mode SUCKS! boyo .. those NS babies got chewed up by the baby killer.

Ill-bred wrote:Note that Lost in the Fog is not nominated to the Breeders' Cup either..... :roll:

I think that will change though ... I seem to remember Concerto not being a Breeders' Cup nom'd stallion for a year or two. The nominations for the Breeders' Cup are vastly different than the Derby. Either way, noming/running in the Breeders' Cup Sprint over 6fs (his prefered distance) at Belmont in October is a lot different than making the colt stretch out to 10f (something he's given no indication of being able to do) in May

Ill-bred
Starters Handicap

Postby Ill-bred » Mon May 16, 2005 1:19 pm

The BC supplemental fee is usually outrageously high. At least we can look forward to seeing more of him in these spots...

"He'll run next in the Grade 2 Riva Ridge at seven furlongs at Belmont on June 11, then the Grade 2 Carry Back at six furlongs at Calder on July 9, and the Grade 1 King's Bishop at seven furlongs at Saratoga Aug. 27."
--DRF

StrawberryFelidos
Allowance Winner

Postby StrawberryFelidos » Mon May 16, 2005 2:15 pm

FOS wrote:
I'm hearing that Taylor-Made may be hot on his trail

Back-off, Taylor-Made!!! (swats farm with available stick) I wanna see this horse Race, not do tricks in the barn! :twisted: At least hold-off until the end of the year...

Sam

Postby Sam » Mon May 16, 2005 2:23 pm

Ill-bred wrote:The BC supplemental fee is usually outrageously high.

True, but I'd be willing to bet if he goes through his next 3 races unbeaten or beaten once, they'll do the supplement. It's tiered and it's cheaper to supplement to the Sprint than it is to supplement to the Classic ($100k to $400k or something like that). Plus, IIRC, he'd only have to do it once so if he races again next year, he'd pay just the normal nom fee next year.