Lone Star Derby?

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

toadie
Allowance Winner

Lone Star Derby?

Postby toadie » Sat May 14, 2005 7:31 am

I'm looking for someone to beat Storm Surge 2day. Anybody have opinions on Southern Africa, or Awesome Twist?
"Most people hate the taste of beer to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome."-Winston Churchill

AfleetAlex
Weanling

Postby AfleetAlex » Sat May 14, 2005 9:03 am

I love Awesome Twist! Anyone see his allowance win at Keeneland last time out? Very impressive. He was, I think, the only horse to come from way back and win by many of a speed-biased track. He is coming into his own. Watch out for him.
And BEGONE is GONE!

toadie
Allowance Winner

Postby toadie » Sat May 14, 2005 6:43 pm

Whew! I made enough on Southern Africa to break even at the track and buy dinner on the way home!!!!
"Most people hate the taste of beer to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome."-Winston Churchill

KAL
Starters Handicap

Postby KAL » Sun May 15, 2005 9:08 am

Good for you!!

With a big, good-looking dark bay yearling by Cape Town being aimed at Keeneland September... I was obviously rooting for Southern Africa. Most of this sire's better runners to this point have been fillies, so I was a little concerned about perception concerning colts. I'd love to see Southern Africa continue to improve and be a force within his division.

Unfortunately, I missed the race... but good for you for taking a stand and getting it to pay. Hope you had a great time (outside of the gambling excitement).

toadie
Allowance Winner

Postby toadie » Tue May 17, 2005 6:18 am

KAL...is it your colt? Just want to say that Southern Africa painted a beautiful picture in the paddock, while Awesome Twist just looked plain (definitely not his day, as it turned out). Good luck!