Horse Vanned-Off At Los Al

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

StrawberryFelidos
Allowance Winner

Horse Vanned-Off At Los Al

Postby StrawberryFelidos » Mon May 16, 2005 2:40 pm

Does anybody know what happened to the oddly-named Me No Toad in the eighth race at Los Alamitos yesterday (May 15th)? He finished poorly and was vanned-off. He is a TBred even though it was a quarter horse race, so I wondered if anyone would be able to find-out. I've been following him for a while in the virtual stable/TVG and I've gotten to like him quite a bit :oops:
Trainer is Charles S. Treece, owned by Greg Patino.

Final Voyage
Yearling

Postby Final Voyage » Mon May 16, 2005 3:41 pm

sorry to change the subject.. but he's a thoroughbred and ran in a quarter horse race???

If i come across any references to him on any other boards, i'll let you know whati found out.
All Roads Lead Home When You Know Where Your Going... And Sometimes When You Don't!

Sam
Chef de Race: Intermediate

Postby Sam » Mon May 16, 2005 4:32 pm

Final Voyage wrote:sorry to change the subject.. but he's a thoroughbred and ran in a quarter horse race?

Happens a lot at Los Al. No big deal. They have "open" races out there that are for any breed that wants to run. Not uncommon to see Paints/Appys/QHs and TBs all in an 870 during the week.

rgdgmr
Suckling

Postby rgdgmr » Mon May 16, 2005 5:00 pm

I don't know what happened to him, but I did see the race. Did you tell Jorge about his sabino markings? His front sock is one of the most unusual white markings I've ever seen. The best I can describe it is as a narrow irregular white strip extending from the ankle to about 2inches above the knee.

StrawberryFelidos
Allowance Winner

Postby StrawberryFelidos » Mon May 16, 2005 5:33 pm

To be honest I've never gotten a good look at his markings. I've only been able to see him in the clips on televised races, and then not since July when I lost TVG. Have been following him in the VirtualStable updates since then, he does a lot of running in claimers and actually does pretty well in them. Hasn't done well in the last two, though, and in this last race something happened :oops:
If you got a picture of him on Sunday I'd love to see it, I only have a blurry memory from TVG days.

Final Voyage
Yearling

Wow a mixed field!!

Postby Final Voyage » Mon May 16, 2005 5:57 pm

Never heard of this kind of horse race before, though it would do some good if we could see some locally in Nebraska or Iowa. Probably the most unusual thing i've ever heard. How often do the TBs win?

I guess you could call the track vet there (assuming there is an official one) to find out.
All Roads Lead Home When You Know Where Your Going... And Sometimes When You Don't!

Sam

Re: Wow a mixed field!!

Postby Sam » Mon May 16, 2005 6:25 pm

Final Voyage wrote:Never heard of this kind of horse race before, though it would do some good if we could see some locally in Nebraska or Iowa. Probably the most unusual thing i've ever heard. How often do the TBs win?

Often enough that it's done fairly regularly. Don't forget, the racing QH of today is actually high percentage TB in its makeup.

Final Voyage
Yearling

Postby Final Voyage » Mon May 16, 2005 9:29 pm

Thank you Sam,
I have been aware of the racing quarter horse having TB in its pedigree. I just keep running into QH fans that want to deny the TB lineage like an illegitimate step-child and dismiss the influence. Three Bars is the only TB that comes to mind off the top of my head. I'm sure there have been more. These have been QH stock horse type breeders i've come across from time to time. Folks that will brag about Three Bars in their horses pedigree, then look down on my "lowly" OTTB.

By the way a favorite horse i used to watch what seems like eons ago was named Toadstomper :wink: . Just loved the name!! Wonder if its a coincidence? :?:

any body heard anything on Me NO Toad??

Thunder
Allowance Winner

Postby Thunder » Tue May 17, 2005 6:15 am

I'm more intriqued by your bomb - Cool, eye-catcher 8)

Thunder
Allowance Winner

Postby Thunder » Tue May 17, 2005 6:16 am

Sam

Sam

Postby Sam » Tue May 17, 2005 11:49 am

Thunder wrote:I'm more intriqued by your bomb - Cool, eye-catcher 8)

Not a bomb ... an emoticon who is so stressed out, he go boom :D