days between works?

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Laro
Yearling

Postby Laro » Wed May 18, 2005 7:42 pm

Very good post Halo, training is never an exact science. Good trainers have a schedule that they break every day. If you want a horse on an exact schedule, do it yourself. In my line of work I am constantly amazed at people that hire me for my expertise, and then tell me how they want me to do it. Like I tell my wife, if you want to tell me how to do it, do it yourself.

JimP
Allowance Winner

Postby JimP » Thu May 19, 2005 4:51 am

Hi Guys,

"If youre getting bent out of shape over this, you're in for a long hard road.
The minute you put these horses on a schedule, youre lining yourself up to break your schedule. You have to go DAY BY DAY, period. You have to plan according to the horse, not according to what you want to set some arbitrary schedule. If you dont trust your trainer, do it yourself."

This is a very good post and I agree with it. You hired the trainer after much searching so let him/her do the job you hired them to do. You hire a professional to do a job and that is what he/she is doing.
On another note I think it is a good idea to keep an eye on your trainer and the animals you have intrusted to his care.
JimP
White Cat Farm
[email protected]

"the gene pool could use a little chlorine"

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Thu May 19, 2005 5:47 pm

Well Pie I admire your love and concern for your babies but its no use having a dog and barking yourself. I train my own and afew outside horses and change schedules every day due to weather and track conditions, it drives me nuts but all for the horses benefit, hope they all make it .