General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

louis finochio
Darley line

SIRE LINES OF DIVINE PROPORTIONS

Postby louis finochio » Tue May 24, 2005 6:05 am

DIVINE PROPORTIONS (FR) b. F. 2002
Kingmambo---Myth to Reality, by Sadlers Wells

DP won the GR 1 Gainsborough Poule d' Essai at one mile at Longchamps France. DP has won seven straight races and 3 were GR 1 stakes.

DP has 8 crosses of (Phalaris) thru Polynesian---Nasrullah 2-times---Nearctic---Nearco---Native Dancer---Hail to Reason---and Hard Ridden.

1 cross of (Teddy) thru Case Ace.
1 cross of (Sundridge) thru Count Fleet.
3 crosses of (Gainsborough) thru Forli 2-times---and Sanctus.
1 cross of (Rabelais) thru Graustark.
1 cross of (Prince Rose) thru Princequillo.
1 cross of (Chaucer) thru Grandmaster.

DP is line bred 5ssX5ds to Special, by Forli dam of Nureyev, and dam of Number, the dam of sire Numerous. Special is the grand dam of Sadlers Wells.
DP is line bred 5dsX5ds to Lalun, by Djeddah the dam of sire Bold Reason and the dam of sire Never Bend.
DP is line bred 4ssX5ds to Native Dancer.
DP is line bred 5ssX5ds to Nasrullah.
DP is line bred 4ssX3ds to Northern Dancer.

Congrats to the breeder of DP as her pedigree is quality from top to bottom, a magnificent combination of the best of the breed.
Those without sin cast the first stone.
Louis Finochio

jellac
Grade I Winner

Postby jellac » Tue May 24, 2005 5:00 pm

Thanks Louis for bringing this horse's accomplishments and pedigree to the attention of this Board.....you are right about quality top and bottom.

What really caught my eye was the extraordinary amount of 'stamina' points in this horse's pedigree dosage profile. Even if you assume that some of those 'stamina' points may not really prove this individual's being a stamina oriented runner, the fact that he has so many would tell me he should be able to run a mile and beyond. Plus he gets this from very stout ancestors top and bottom. Both sire and dam present pedigrees with a balance of brilliant speed with classic and stamina capabilities. None of that appears to be lost in the product of their mating. They sure breed them differently in Europe! The neat thing about this horse's pedigree is it balances the Brilliance with the Stamina.

louis finochio
Darley line

Postby louis finochio » Tue May 24, 2005 6:20 pm

As you said Jellac the Euro breeders breed for stamina with our Speed Stallions and the result is a balance of speed and stamina.

When I study those Euro matings I can see the difference, as they are not duplicating the Storm Cats on top and bottom, for an unbalanced mating.

When the Euro breeders keep their non-(Phalaris) sires lines alive with our domestic bloodstock they are bringing back the soundness to the breed.

This is the pattern that are breeders need to follow, as fashion has replaced what used to be our sound bloodstock.

Louis Finochio

Bettina
Allowance Winner

Postby Bettina » Wed May 25, 2005 1:46 am

Hallo, Loius,
the same family as Divine Proportions was introduced into German racing.
Have a lok at the succesful HB/BS Konigstiger (by Tiger Hill) and Kitcat (by Monsun) out of Kittiwake.

Her Granddam is Gull Nook (by Mill Reef) 3/4 sister of Shirley Heights. Gull Nook is the dam of Pentire, who was sent to New Zealand and turned out a very good sire. Pentire stands/stood for on or 2 sasons at the "Isarland Stud" in Germany. Shirley Heights is the sire oft English Derby winner Slip Anchor, who has a German damline tracing to Schwarzgold (by Alchimist). That's not all, he is the Grandsire (in the male line) of Dashing Blade, he is one of most successful imported sire of the last years.

The 3rd dam Bempton is a HS of of abovementioned sire and Millieme, the second dam of Whipper and Divine Proportions. A closer look reveals how closely they are related.

Interestingly you mentioned Sanctus, I know he came in the damline of Miesque. There is another connection with German lines. Several years ago a horse named Protektor (by Surumu), a tough racehorse, he ran until he was 9 years old and still in Group- and Graded company. It was very hard for his owner to find him a place in a stud. He already had a Groupwinner in Portella. Like Sanctus he traces back to Noor Jahan, the FS of Bull Dog/Sir Gallahad. The commoan ancestor of Sanctus/Protektor is Satanella (by Mahmoud).

Best regards from Germany, Bettina

louis finochio
Darley line

Postby louis finochio » Wed May 25, 2005 6:13 am

Thanks Bettina for your post of those 3 stallions, that is a dominant female family, as they are following the pattern of apples dont fall far from the tree, and cream always rises to the top.

Be Well in Germany, hug a tree for me, love ya Louis.

Louis Finochio

hdembski
Maiden Special Weight

Postby hdembski » Wed May 25, 2005 11:58 am

I did a hypomating with dynaformer & spinning world, that would make a nice combo to me! Also someday Shamdaral!!