Wire to Wire Schedule Change?

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

StrawberryFelidos
Allowance Winner

Wire to Wire Schedule Change?

Postby StrawberryFelidos » Tue May 24, 2005 10:44 am

I wanted to catch the Wire-To-Wire this week to see the replay of the Preakness and get some more news coverage, but unfortunately it looks as if it was bumped out of its normal slot by tennis ( :evil: ). I can't figure-out how to navigate ESPN's website to find when they air this show. Has anyone else heard when it's playing (or if)? I DOn't get TVG so this is my only dose of Horse TV this week.

Sam
Chef de Race: Intermediate

Re: Wire to Wire Schedule Change?

Postby Sam » Tue May 24, 2005 11:37 am

StrawberryFelidos wrote:I wanted to catch the Wire-To-Wire this week to see the replay of the Preakness and get some more news coverage, but unfortunately it looks as if it was bumped out of its normal slot by tennis ( :evil: ). I can't figure-out how to navigate ESPN's website to find when they air this show. Has anyone else heard when it's playing (or if)? I DOn't get TVG so this is my only dose of Horse TV this week.

It's suppose to be on in half an hour (noon on the west coast), right after the tennis broadcast.

Yet another indication of how little horse racing is thought of even by a 'sports network'.

henthorn
Eclipse Champion

Postby henthorn » Tue May 24, 2005 11:40 am

My TV section from the paper shows it scheduled for 2pm CDT, which hasn't happened yet.
Rocking H

henthorn
Eclipse Champion

Postby henthorn » Tue May 24, 2005 12:40 pm

The show was delayed about five minutes for the French Open. It is scheduled to be repeated on ESPN2 at 6:00am EDT tomorrow.

Next week is to be 4:30 EDT Tuesday and repeat at 6:00am Thursday, both on ESPN2. I guess they are shifting from week to week again. It was nice for awhile to count on it playing same time each week.
Rocking H

StrawberryFelidos
Allowance Winner

Postby StrawberryFelidos » Tue May 24, 2005 8:57 pm

Ah, damn, missed it- guess I'll have to set my VCR again :?
Thank you for the times!