BELLAMY ROAD

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

louis finochio
Darley line

BELLAMY ROAD

Postby louis finochio » Sat May 28, 2005 6:15 am

What is the current condition of BR? How long is he going to be out of action, and when will he return? What was the nature of his injury?
Those without sin cast the first stone.
Louis Finochio

Racerx
Suckling

Postby Racerx » Sat May 28, 2005 1:23 pm

I still don't get the hype with this horse, and thats all it is. Yes, he ran a 120 beyer thats was a bit suspect and proved to be rightly so. He's a nice horse and very good looking dont get me wrong but I seriously doubt anyone will see him repeat his 120 preformance ever. Also if you read the drf watchmakers list of 3 year olds why is declans moon #3 and bandini #10. More overhyped horses. I have actually heard bandini is finished racing. And Declans moons...really what has he done? he beat roman ruler who turned out to be a big dud, he beat Wilko who was suffering from a quarter crack and barely held off Giacomo. Point of this rant being...there are much better horses out there racing right now and were even when these over hyped horses were racing.

louis finochio
Darley line

Postby louis finochio » Sat May 28, 2005 2:25 pm

The answer to how good or medicore DM is will be answered down the road, as the survivors of the TC will be running on E.

With the exception of the Del Mar Futurity DM won his races very easily, as he was oly put to a drive in the DM Futurity, to beat RR.

The late summer and fall will hold the key of the 3yr. old division, on who is king of the jungle.

Louis Finochio

reenci
Grade II Winner

anyone missing a tiger ?

Postby reenci » Sat May 28, 2005 2:43 pm

Racerx wrote:I still don't get the hype with this horse, and thats all it is. Yes, he ran a 120 beyer thats was a bit suspect and proved to be rightly so. He's a nice horse and very good looking dont get me wrong but I seriously doubt anyone will see him repeat his 120 preformance ever. Also if you read the drf watchmakers list of 3 year olds why is declans moon #3 and bandini #10. More overhyped horses. I have actually heard bandini is finished racing. And Declans moons...really what has he done? he beat roman ruler who turned out to be a big dud, he beat Wilko who was suffering from a quarter crack and barely held off Giacomo. Point of this rant being...there are much better horses out there racing right now and were even when these over hyped horses were racing.
hold on a second...dont count out DC just yet......you will be hearing from this racehorse later down the road. you really can't hold it against him because he got injured . his connection's did right by the horse and packed it in. remember he is a gelding hence no stud vaule. so by giving him time .......there's gonna be a tiger on the loose.
A great man cannot help himself," "He can see things that other men cannot see themselves, and his greatness lies in doing whatever is necessary to make his vision real

reenci
Grade II Winner

Postby reenci » Sat May 28, 2005 2:47 pm

louis finochio wrote:The answer to how good or medicore DM is will be answered down the road, as the survivors of the TC will be running on E.

With the exception of the Del Mar Futurity DM won his races very easily, as he was oly put to a drive in the DM Futurity, to beat RR.

The late summer and fall will hold the key of the 3yr. old division, on who is king of the jungle.
lou , the TRAVERS could be a huge race this year. 8)
A great man cannot help himself," "He can see things that other men cannot see themselves, and his greatness lies in doing whatever is necessary to make his vision real

llbean
Grade III Winner

Postby llbean » Sat May 28, 2005 5:00 pm

A horse gets injured in the Derby and runs a slow time and that somehow proves his Huge Beyer before the Derby was Suspect??

Or do you think Zito decided to miss the Preakness and Belmont just to back up his false claim that the horse was injured? :roll:

-llbean

louis finochio
Darley line

Postby louis finochio » Sun May 29, 2005 6:43 am

Bellamy Road is to good to push to the cliffs edge, Zito was wise to give BR some time and go back to the drawing board.

The condition of BR will determine his next start, has BR been breezing or galloping lately or is he turned out?

Louis Finochio

Racerx
Suckling

Postby Racerx » Sun May 29, 2005 6:56 pm

This is exactly what i'm talking about. It's interesting to me that fans still refuse to accept Alex as the best 3yo and are still hanging on to BR and DM, 2 horses that in my eyes have yet to prove themselves. Lets see DM run outside of CA...and BR didn't run injured in the derby he popped a splint after. And ya Dm won easy in most of his races...who did he beat?

austique
Grade I Winner

Postby austique » Sun May 29, 2005 7:36 pm

I think crowning Afleet Alex the champion 3yo at this point is a bit premature. This crop has been greatly hampered by injuries. Remember Afleet Alex had a dream trip in the Derby and still came up a bit short. He did make a spectacular run in the Preakness, but if you look at his form, he's going to have to do more to be considered a real contender for year end honors. He's won 3 of 5 starts this year. You can throw out the Rebel for the lung infection, but the Mountain Valley was of little consequence on a national scale, the Derby contenders he beat in the Arkansas came back to run terribly in the Derby and he wins the Preakness impressively. I really think a champion 3yo either has to totally dominate the division early or prove his mettle against older later in the year. Alex is consistent and honest and can't be faulted for that, but champion 3yo? Let's wait and see.

Keith
Grade III Winner

Bellamy Road and Declan's Moon-both great horses

Postby Keith » Mon May 30, 2005 7:18 am

Declan's Moon has never lost and besides he beat Giacomo in the Hollywood Futurity. Bellamy Road trounced Scrappy T in the Wood Memorial. Both are great horses but there is a question to their toughness as far as staying sound. As much money that is invested into racing there needs to be more invested into breeding sound racehorses that are tough over a long period of time. Are horses growing too fast to look good for the sales? Horses are pushed with supplements but sometimes there is too much of a good thing. Are horses being overtrained? Some of us with not so much money to spend will breed that horse with pedigree but also has soundness or conformation issues. We need to try to breed an all around horse to better our odds which includes pedigree, conformation, and racing ability. As far as Bellamy Road he is too nice of a horse to rush back to the races.

Keith

StrawberryFelidos
Allowance Winner

Postby StrawberryFelidos » Mon May 30, 2005 11:57 am

Personally, if I were to crown a 3yo champ right now off of their records it would be Alex- but this isn't the year's end and a lot can happen between then and now. Alex has been the most honest of the Triple Crown 3yos. He's a pretty consistant fighter and you can expect him to be there somewhere at the end, barring infected lungs. Crazy Derby? He's there. Bumper car Preakness? He dominates. Arkansas? He flies. Mountaineer? Piece of cake.
Bellamy Road looked good in his allowance and dazzled in the Wood but flopped in the Derby, and since then he hasn't had the chance to prove or disprove any expectations. Until I see more like that allowance win or the Wood I can't award Bellamy on what could have been.
I must admit, sadly, that I have not been following the non-TC dirt horses or the turf 3yos very closely. This is why horses from these groups have to work 8 times harder to win championships- no one is looking :roll: Here we'll probably have Giacomo in the 3yo finalists catrgory and we're likely to forget Lost in the Fog or Chinese Dragon. Lost in the Fog I'd like to see beat on some high-ranked sprinters before I give him the award (if he can do that the way he beats everything else he deserves the award) and Chinese Dragon, well, I have to start paying attention- haven't seen a thing he's done but I hear it's all pretty fabulous (kinda like if a tree falls in the woods...if a horse is an amazing turf runner but nobody cares...)

Double_Jay
Weanling

Postby Double_Jay » Tue May 31, 2005 2:12 am

[quote="austique"] Remember Afleet Alex had a dream trip in the Derby and still came up a bit short. [quote]

Alex had a dream trip in the Derby? I definitely don't remember that. He carromed around and got knocked from pillar to post, endured body-slams. I don't see how that can be considered a dream trip.
Double Jay

louis finochio
Darley line

Postby louis finochio » Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:18 am

To Keith: Look at the pedigrees of Ghostzapper---Toussaud---and Smarty Jones. You will find the outcross was made on the dams side and the out cross was the (Fair Play) sire line over (Phalaris)

You will find the same breeding pattern in Native Dancer---Bold Ruler---Buckpasser---Believe It---Deputy Minister---Honour and Glory---Known Fact---and Cees Tizzy.

When you breed to a successful breeding pattern of the past by outcrossing you add soundness and hybrid vigor to their offspring.

Louis Finochio