Postby louis finochio » Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:29 am

Tiznow's daughter Folklore was a 4 lenghth winner at 5 fur. at Belmont
Those without sin cast the first stone.
Louis Finochio

Tairaterces
Grade III Winner

Re: TIZNOW HAS 1ST. WINNER

Postby Tairaterces » Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:19 pm

louis finochio wrote:Tiznow's daughter Folklore was a 4 lenghth winner at 5 fur. at Belmont

Yes

Tairaterces
"and Secretariat let no one down on the unforgettable afternoon of June 9, 1973, when he ran a hole in the wind"
~Bob Ehalt~

Avatar: Istabraq (Sadler's Wells x Betty's Secret by Secretariat) Champion Hurdler

hdembski
Maiden Special Weight

Postby hdembski » Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:29 pm

Folklore likely won more so because of the Dam side breeding such as Storm Cat, Fappiano, Bassie, etc. Another Lewis Horse :roll:

Heidilady
Eclipse Champion

Postby Heidilady » Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:30 pm

I gotta say I love that name..Folklore. Pretty filly. So jealous that I didn't think of it. I'd love to see Tiznow do well, particularly as a sire of sires though because I want the Man o'War sireline to keep it up. They've used the family for the female lines quite successfully as Andromeda's Hero (tail female to Masda, MOW's full sister) illustrates. There's graded stakes winners sprinkled all around Masda's descendants too which just points to the influences of Fair Play and Rock Sand. In Reality's a lovely sire clearly and his sireline needs to be maintained if nothing else but like I said, I'm sentimental to the Man O'War angle here.

They didn't push the sons of Man O'War angle quite as far as they could breeding wise partly because they were just such hot heads I gathered. The Hastings blood was just so hard to deal with. As much as they wanted to use the sireline, I'm sure the "this is just too much, I don't care who he's the son of" affected things. Of course the real fault on the affect of Man O'War on the breed comes down to the selfish attitudes Sam Riddle displayed as to breeding him to outside mares. By all rights, MOW should've been the Storm Cat/Alydar of his day and he showed he could stamp some pretty good horses down through the generations even if they weren't the next MOW themselves. Just ask Seabiscuit, War Admiral, Affirmed, In Reality, Stymie, My Dear Girl, Cozzene, Seattle Slew, AP Indy, Kelso (2nd dam by MOW) etc. He did all this without a fair shot at consistently stellar mares from more than the broodmare band of Sam Riddle. After a few years the level declined and still in the end he will have gotten Derby winners (even Mr. Prospector could only manage 1!) and a Triple Crown winner and impacted the breed. Gotta support Tiznow who's awesome in his own right but certainly gotta give props to Man O'War. Even if Folklore's dam's side had an effect here, every little bit outta help Tiznow's book so that's good.

louis finochio
Darley line

Postby louis finochio » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:42 pm

I was at Santa Anita when Tiznow was leaving the racetrack and was to be shipped out to the breeding shed.

Everyone was taking pictures of Tiznow and I was admiring him as this was his last hurrah on the race track.

His excerise boy Ramon was taking pictures of Tiznow and we were all saying goodbye to Tiznow. Thanks for the memories, Tiz Now and now we can look forward to your offspring.
Those without sin cast the first stone.

Louis Finochio

Green Hills
Starters Handicap

Postby Green Hills » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:03 pm

Our Tiznow filly hopefully will be hitting the track soon.

LSB
Grade II Winner

Postby LSB » Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:43 am

Green Hills, what's your filly's name?

Green Hills
Starters Handicap

Postby Green Hills » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:09 am

Her name is Tizzie Millie - 2003 Tiznow x Millie's Quest. She's still at Payton but is making excellent progress.

Pete
Grade I Winner

Postby Pete » Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:00 pm

Good luck with her Green Hills, please keep us posted.

I'm rooting for Tiznow. Makes me feel like Yoda, "There is another."

Pete

Green Hills
Starters Handicap

Postby Green Hills » Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:44 am

Pete wrote:Good luck with her Green Hills, please keep us posted.

I'm rooting for Tiznow. Makes me feel like Yoda, "There is another."

Pete

I will certainly let everyone know when she hits the track.