FUSAICHI SAMURAI RETURNS

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

louis finochio
Darley line

FUSAICHI SAMURAI RETURNS

Postby louis finochio » Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:15 am

Fusaichi Samurai runs today in a 6 furlong alowance race, FS returns after he pulled a muscle in his hind leg months ago, Victor Espinosa will ride.
Those without sin cast the first stone.
Louis Finochio

louis finochio
Darley line

Postby louis finochio » Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:00 am

What happened to FS as he finished last among 8 TB in his 6 fur. comeback?

Louis Finochio

FOS
Freshman Sire

Postby FOS » Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:58 am

hi louis finochio

Considering that Neil Drysdale is one of the most patient (maybe an understatement) trainers in North America (in recent years)...I find Fusaichi Samurai's last place finish (in a field of eight) hard to believe. And for what it's worth...he was the .90 cents prohibitive favorite.

I cannot fathom that Drysdale would have run FS if he didn't expect a HUGE effort from him.

FuSam never threatened any part of the race (although he seemed to break okay). At the 1/2 mile pole he was approx 8 1/2 lengths off the leader...at the head of the stretch he was 10 1/2 off the leader...and it appeared he had little (if anything) left as he approached the wire...beaten approx 20 lenghths...ouch.

Jockey Victor Espinosa must have felt nothing was physically wrong with FS...he rode him and didn't pull him up.

What happened?

What did his recent works look like?

Respectfully

louis finochio
Darley line

Postby louis finochio » Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:08 pm

Its ironic that saturday morning I was talking to FS jockey Victor Espinosa.

I told him I was surprised that his trainer ND would have FS make his debut in a sprint where it would put stress on the underpinning.

I would have looked for a route race where the pace is slower and VE agreed with me.

By now they have scoped FS to see if he bled, or if any other problems were evident. Lets hope FS bounces back and runs true to form.

Louis Finochio

FOS
Freshman Sire

Postby FOS » Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:45 pm

hi louis finochio

You wrote "I would have looked for a route race where the pace is slower and (jockey Victor Espinoza) agreed with me."

It would be interesting to hear if Victor Espinoza felt there was anything wrong with Fusaichi Samurai from 'riders up'...thru the post-parade...thru the race...and then post race galloping back?

Louis...FuSam showed nothing. If the horse was sound...healthy...and fit...why did he run no part of the race? Even if a longer race might have been a wiser spot...isn't it fair to expect that he would have shown something...at least some part of the race.

For the sake of FuSam's connections I hope that there is a legit explanation for his poor performance (other than lack of ability)...hopefully something that can be dealt with.

Respectfully

louis finochio
Darley line

Postby louis finochio » Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:11 pm

Let me talk to Victor E. and find out what took place in the race to make FS turn in a dull performance.

Louis Finochio