Susshine Millions

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

aurora
Starters Handicap

Susshine Millions

Postby aurora » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:32 pm

Hey Michael,
I see that Cyber Slew is entered in this Saturday's $300,000 Filly & Mare sprint. I've got my fingers crossed. I have a half sister to her dam so go baby go.

Michael
Allowance Winner

Postby Michael » Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:03 pm

Who is your mare? It's a nice family to be from.

aurora
Starters Handicap

Postby aurora » Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:35 pm

Mare's name is Sincere Friend. I love the family too, esp. the progeny of Extra Place plus and it is going great guns close up since I acquired the mare. She is currently in foal to Najran for a lmid-late May baby and I will leave her empty for next year to get an early start in 2006.

Michael
Allowance Winner

Postby Michael » Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:48 pm

That is very interesting. I looked at this mare about five years ago at her owner's farm near Nuevo, CA. At the time she was being used as a sport horse broodmare, but I was interested in converting her to TB use. Her half brother Daring General looked to be an up and coming 2yo for the Mabees, and I like to get in early to good families. I still have photos of her buried somewhere in my files.

In that she is a 3/4 sister to the dam of Cyber Slew, she would likely cross well with my stallion. You probably have plans to breed her in NM, though, I'm sure.

aurora
Starters Handicap

Postby aurora » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:55 am

I found her advertised on the internet on equine.com in foal to a paint. She had previously had a couple of foals by HUS quarter horses. She is almost 17 hands, probably why they were going that way with her. Since she was in CA at the time, I bred her to Devon Lane at Vessels for her 1st TB foal and she had an awesome colt. I sold him to a FL trainer but got a call a month ago that he had colicked with a blockage and I don't see that they have named him yet so I am thinking that he expired. :(

Your horse would be an excellent match esp matching up with the same female family as Neartic and with Cyber Slew's success. I am going commercial with this mare so the problem with breeding to anything in CA is the current state of CA sales. She will foal in KY this year and then go empty for an early start next year.

ZiaLand
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby ZiaLand » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:46 am

Aurora, I've got two going to Devon Lane this season. He's back in NM now and registered for the NM bred program and he's probably the hottest commercial sire going here. Connections are predicting his 2006 crop to be the sales toppers at the 2007 Ruidoso sale. May just be overenthusiastic speculation, but a lot of regional commercial breeders seem to be jumping on the bandwagon. I guess time will tell.

Hope you're little one is doing okay and is still with us.

Laurie
So many pedigrees...so little time. (C)