Hoosier Race 1

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

bdw0617
Darley line

Postby bdw0617 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:22 pm

Roguelet wrote:Thanks, bdw... I don't bet on my own horses (the jinx thing) but I know some others who will be betting him tonight. I hope he pulls it out this time. He's a nice horse but he's had nothing but bad luck. He deserves to get his picture taken at SOME point! :lol: His dam was an amazing racehorse who did her best racing as a 5YO. Of course, we didn't own her while she was racing, but we have a video of that entire season, and it's just incredible to watch. If he ended up with half of her talent, we'll be OK.

Now, I'm off to see if TVG or HRTV will show the race tonight... I won't be able to go once again (darn those early mornings and kids in school!) :wink:

you can watch hoosier park on HRTV

ovbiously someone liked him..

I saw the race live.. I was pullin for ya.. GREAt iwn.. I couldn't take thoose odds however

CONGRATS!!!
"When the solution is simple, God is answering.”
- Einstein

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:42 am

NICE ONE!!
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:16 am

Thanks, everyone. When we talked to our trainer after the race, he did comment that it was a lonely win picture. :cry: But that school bus arrives at 6:40 AM, and even getting the first grader into bed around 8:00 PM doesn't make him a good "morning person." We may have to just deal with it the next time he races, though... especially if it happens to fall on a Friday or Saturday. Oh, well, at least the HORSE got his picture taken, and that was the most important thing anyway. I hope to get a win picture tonight and will share when I do.

He went off as the favorite... so obviosly people were betting him (although I didn't figure bdw was one of those people...) but to be honest, the weather had me a little bit nervous. He just doesn't have experience with a muddy, sealed track, and I was hoping he wouldn't "spin his wheels" on it. The HRTV gal talked about him having a good "off track pedigree" and, while I'm not sure exactly what PART of his pedigree she was referring to, she must've been right.

I know I'm biased, but he looked GOOD last night. Sort of like... I don't know... a dark nemesis or something. :lol: Anyway, he is the first foal out of one of my favorite broodmares of all time. He's setting the bar for his half sibs. On to NW2...
"Don't be a boorish buffoon" -Hokies Respect 'Jerk Alert'

BridledObsession
Allowance Winner

Postby BridledObsession » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:22 am

Congratulations :D

I'm very happy for you --- nothing like it, huh? You must be so proud of him.

What's next?

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:05 am

BridledObsession wrote:What's next?

Well, if I have it my way, he'll run through his conditions like it was nothing, and then grab one of those sired stakes races at the end of the Fall meet. :lol:

But, for now, we'll probably just focus on ALW NW2L. That would be my assumption anyway, unless the trainer feels he needs to be placed elsewhere.

"Don't be a boorish buffoon" -Hokies Respect 'Jerk Alert'