Motion Approved races again in Oklahoma Classics Classic

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

henthorn
Eclipse Champion

Motion Approved races again in Oklahoma Classics Classic

Postby henthorn » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:35 am

My first-ever home-bred, six-year-old gelding Motion Approved, by With Approval, is entered in a field of six for the $100,000 Classic tomorrow night at Remington Park.
Image Motion Approved
Geriatric prior Classic winners George Taylor and Zee Oh Six are in with him again, as well as the consistent Notable Okie. The other two entries I don't know, but they are likely younger and getting stronger.

I no longer own Motion Approved, but he is a multiple stakes-placed winner of over $130K, including a second place finish behind Zee Oh Six last year in the Classic. I own his dam Shake On It and his half-sibs Starlight Bay and Agent Red.
Image Shake On It
Image Starlight Bay
Image Agent Red

His 3yo half-sis Stage Center by Geri races also tomorrow, at Louisiana Downs on the turf at 1 1/16 mile, $15,000 claimers. She has now won and placed on her two prior turf races.
Image Stage Center

Shake is in foal to Eddington, and I hope to sell her at Keeneland in January. It sure would be nice if both her kids win tomorrow. I took enough of a bloodbath at the Keeneland sale earlier this week.

p.s. Since the only one of this family album missing is Wordplay, here's her picture also. I sold her earlier this summer to a show horse developer.
Rocking H

BenB
Sophomore Sire

Postby BenB » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:01 am

I hope you,re getting a little bit of luck. Upgrading the page from your mare

henthorn
Eclipse Champion

Postby henthorn » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:25 pm

Not today for the kids! Stage Center came in fourth by about a length at Louisiana Downs.

Motion Approved got fourth in his race, but the usual champs didn't beat him this time.

No disgrace in a fourth place finish in either of these races, but no cigars.

The good mare D Fine Okie by Burbank out of the Dynaformer racemare Dynafine went off as the odds-on favorite, and put away the boys by winning easily. The Richter Family Trust has an ongoing great breeding program, and D Fine Okie was last year's Remington Park filly champ. She's now made over $430K, but today moved from her usual place on the turf against ladies to beat the guys over the dirt. What a girl! Past champs came in 3rd and 5th, and the only 4yo came in second. The weather was beautiful, and a wonderful night for racing aficionados.
Rocking H