Our "other" racedays

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

Denise
Restricted Stakes Winner

Our "other" racedays

Postby Denise » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:31 am

We spend a lot of time at hunt meets and point to points in the spring and fall, so I thought I'd share a nice story from the weekend PA Hunt Cup. Our senior gelding, Danesfort, who teaches everyone to ride (and is the farm pony-pony, babysitter, trick horse) prevailed in a stirring stretch run in the Junior Master's Chase to give 14yo. first time race rider, Amy Mullen, her first ever win in one of these events!
Pictures can be found at the link below. You can see Amy in the red R&D silks and the very well-fed, furry, nearly white Danesfort in a multitude of shots on pages 4-5.

http://jimgraham.exposuremanager.com/g/ ... =4#photo_s

Amy rides hunter/jumpers regularly, but this was her first time going full out on a retired racehorse...and she loved it! And so did he: Daney takes good care of whoever's in the irons and will run to 'their' level. Obviously, he knew what he had up, when it came time to put his head down and run. We were so proud of her and the "old man" and you couldn't wipe the smiles off either of their faces. Enjoy!

spex4me
Grade I Winner

Postby spex4me » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:51 am

too cool!!!! He looks like he was enjoying himself for sure!!! :D
trying to come up with something brillant..... this may take a while. :)

BridledObsession
Allowance Winner

Postby BridledObsession » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:58 pm

What a nice story:) Congratulations to both of them!!! :D

Jane
Allowance Winner

Postby Jane » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:50 pm

Very nice to see everyone so happy and looking so good. Congrats!

ireneinwa
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby ireneinwa » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:27 pm

:D Congrats...Wow that looks like it was a lot of fun. Makes me want to start riding on a reg. basis again!