Back at the PHA Wednesday

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

Denise
Restricted Stakes Winner

Back at the PHA Wednesday

Postby Denise » Sun May 25, 2008 2:55 pm

Spider, race 7, post 2. Watched him breeze with baby bro Sy today over the big turf gallop. Both had a ball. We might get a grass start for Sy over the weekend. All digits crossed. :D

Denise
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Denise » Wed May 28, 2008 10:54 am

Well, today's came off the turf, but came back as an extra for next Monday, so we'll see how it fills. Brother Sy is making his turf debut on Sunday at the PHA, race 8.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Wed May 28, 2008 11:37 am

Good luck to both!
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Nessa
Grade III Winner

Postby Nessa » Thu May 29, 2008 7:20 pm

Good luck with the boys Denise.
Nu

MareMc56
Maiden Special Weight

Postby MareMc56 » Thu May 29, 2008 8:04 pm

Denise....We've got 2 in on Sunday @ Philly..Danica Irl in the 2nd and Hokie Dots in the 5th....I'll be the really nervous old washed out broodmare in the paddock... if you want to introduce yourself....best of luck to you... and may they all come home safe!

Denise
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Denise » Fri May 30, 2008 5:09 am

I'll have the Tums ready, Mare, but mainly because of the forecast. I hope we don't get washed off the turf again. Will yours stay in if the races move to the dirt?
I can usually be spotted on the apron because of my fondness for oversized chapeaus. I don't wash out; I pace! :shock:
Best of luck to all our charges!

MareMc56
Maiden Special Weight

Postby MareMc56 » Fri May 30, 2008 1:05 pm

Thanks for the tums...I should edit my post to "retired" broodmare too...I'm long past foaling....we'll do dirt if need be..see you Sunday but I'll probably watch yours from the kitchen as I'll be back @ the barn by the 8th I think.

Denise
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Denise » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:40 am

Congrats to Mare, who had a first and second yesterday! Alas, our race came off the turf, so Sy finished 4th, and confirmed that he is indeed a happy grass horse! He came out of it fine, though. And alas again, we're already off the turf today, so Spider's staying home. :cry:

MareMc56
Maiden Special Weight

Postby MareMc56 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:52 pm

Denise, it was so nice to meet you yesterday...I was thrilled beyond words that Danica won her race..to think that that little girl I've known since birth ran her very first race as she did is the epitome of what the owner/breeder business is all about...but then there's Hokie...and the fact that we almost lost her due to a lung infection 7'ish months ago ran that race..I was balling my eyes out with the trainer when I met you..I was so happy for Hokie that in her first time back at the track that she was even in the money...oh, this business....the highs and the lows you cannot explain to anyone who isn't in it...and the fact that you were there and know these things was comforting even though I couldn't convey that to you at the time....I didn't see "Bro's" race...I knew it was off the turf... and that is not ideal for him.... but I wish you the same feelings I had Sunday his next time out when the track is on his terms.....if the race had stayed on the turf, just know that I would have gone back to the track to watch his race and watched you pace...I just couldn't leave the barn..too busy giving Hokie and Danica the loving they deserved.

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:56 pm

MareMc56 wrote:Denise, it was so nice to meet you yesterday...I was thrilled beyond words that Danica won her race..to think that that little girl I've known since birth ran her very first race as she did is the epitome of what the owner/breeder business is all about...but then there's Hokie...and the fact that we almost lost her due to a lung infection 7'ish months ago ran that race..I was balling my eyes out with the trainer when I met you..I was so happy for Hokie that in her first time back at the track that she was even in the money...oh, this business....the highs and the lows you cannot explain to anyone who isn't in it...and the fact that you were there and know these things was comforting even though I couldn't convey that to you at the time....I didn't see "Bro's" race...I knew it was off the turf... and that is not ideal for him.... but I wish you the same feelings I had Sunday his next time out when the track is on his terms.....if the race had stayed on the turf, just know that I would have gone back to the track to watch his race and watched you pace...I just couldn't leave the barn..too busy giving Hokie and Danica the loving they deserved.

Congrats Mare! What a nice day... a second and a first; it doesn't get much better than that!
"Don't be a boorish buffoon" -Hokies Respect 'Jerk Alert'

MareMc56
Maiden Special Weight

Postby MareMc56 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:08 pm

Rogue..I laughed everytime the track annoncer callled Danica's name through the stretch...in the replay..because during the race I was on another planet...he pronounced it phonetically.....Danica Eye. Are. Elll...thank God for him she was in the lead otherwise he'd have been flustered..I told you Rogue , Irl was a play on Ireland and also her dam was All Girls Band...should have named her Danica Girl. but Ireland won out...sorry to have stolen the thread Denise but Rogue and I had a thing going about Danica and Indy Racing League and Rogue pointed it out...guess the annoncer was a Nascar fan....anyway, Denise, good luck with Bro and I promise not to mention my horses his next time on the turf.