K Lynn Runs Again

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

madelyn

K Lynn Runs Again

Postby madelyn » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:33 am

On the road again. After her first out (got 3rd) on Oaks day, and her WIN on June 10th, K Lynn now has to make the big step up. N2X, entered on Tues June 24th, at Indiana Downs.

But I owe this filly a LOT - The May 3rd place was my FIRST RACE EVER, and the win on the 10th was the first win for all of us.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Strategic Maneuver
Starters Handicap

Postby Strategic Maneuver » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:53 am

Good luck, best wishes, and good weather. Years of hard work, ups and downs, and lots of $$ to get a horse to the track. Seeing your homebred in the winner's circle..... priceless.

joeangelo
Maiden Special Weight

Postby joeangelo » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:27 pm

good luck

Nessa
Grade III Winner

Postby Nessa » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:40 pm

Best of luck to her Madelyn.
Nu

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:27 am

Well K Lynn had a troubled summer. I only retained 10% of this filly so I have NO SAY in what goes on. Her trainer yanked her out to Ellis Park because he was broke and needed to move to a track with an open meet so there would be no stall rent to pay - and then he had to enter horses to keep the stalls at Ellis.. and it was hours to commute for him and the barn went to hell.. note the trainer is the youngest brother of the two majority owners of the filly...

And the trainer REFUSED to get another rider when ALL of the owners of the filly agreed she needed a better jock..

And the trainer REFUSED to try her with more distance, ran her back at 6f, when all of the owners were of the opinion the filly was just running out of real estate before the wire, etc etc etc.

And finally after the last somewhat dismal race the two majority owners FIRED their brother and kept her at Hoosier with a new trainer.

So she runs again today, in the 8th at Hoosier, for a new barn, with a new rider, and at 1-1/16 mi, N2L. The morning line has her at 20-1, probably because of all the bad races -- I put a tenner on her to win. She's been training at Hoosier Park also, so hopefully she will be ready for the two turns. She is in post position 2 so maybe she won't go so wide and spot the field 10 lengths like has happened in the past..

ageecee
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby ageecee » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:27 pm

she won..

joeangelo
Maiden Special Weight

Postby joeangelo » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:35 pm

Congrats, I do believe you are in a better place now. Your old trainer is currently stabled where I work some, not impressive but i wont get into that.

Anyway congrats again.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:37 pm

She did win indeed! Unfortunately, the bettors were wiser and the M/L of 20-1 got beaten down --sh e went off somewhere around 9-2. But she paid $9.60 to win, and boy it was stirring. It was great to hear the announcer say "and K Lynn is EXPLODING into the lead" in the final 16th.

Thanks joeangelo - I too believe she is in MUCH better hands. Also, when all of these brothers would fight with each other, they kept trying to put me in the middle. It was tiresome, worrisome, and not worth losing sleep over.

Happy
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Happy » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:44 pm

Madelyn congrads on the win! It's always gives you a good feeling when they win. That's what I worry about the most with my babies, if they don't get to a good trainer and jockey all your hard work goes down the drain. When one of my babies run I go into Never Never Land until the race is over. I have some neat story's on my babies running. One that I especially thought was neat happened on 8/8/07. It was a birthday race where the birthday person present a trophy to the winner. It was the 8th race on Aug. 8. My babies saddle cloth was number 8. Well, low and behold, he won and the birthday person was an 8 year old boy. That little boy was so happy. He got to meet the owner, jockey and breeder. He was asking me all kind of questions. He was so cute. That was a very special birthday for him, me and my baby. Hope you get to have some special moments like this.

pfrsue
Grade III Winner

Postby pfrsue » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:36 pm

Congratulations! Glad to hear she's in much more capable hands!

soft hearted
Maiden Special Weight

Postby soft hearted » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:42 am

What a great comeback for a troubled start to her career! Congratulations, you must be SO proud (and relieved).

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:54 am

The race just set up perfectly. She has become a complete mudlark and it was nice and sloppy. The new jock kept her up on the lead horse and brought her back to task each time she tried to drift out. He got her to change leads. And I am now more convinced then ever that a mile and mile + are her distances.

I wonder if her form would translate to turf and synthetics? There is no synthetic track in Indiana so I guess it's moot.