Mister Foster

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

madelyn

Mister Foster

Postby madelyn » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:55 am

My big 3 year old foster child, Mister Foster, headed into race training on 8/13. He is settling in well and has been out jogging, etc. His barn name was Furby - he was my orphan (dam died when he was just under 3 days old). I've put him with Joe Woodard at High Pointe, which is a WONDERFUL place to train... which seems obvious from Joe's record the last few months. His stable wins an average of 3 races a week.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:34 am

I visited the training center yesterday and my boy is doing SO WELL. Everyone says he has come a tremendously long way in just six weeks. He is coming out of the gate, and doing just great, almost ready for his first breeze. Unfortunately, my ancient digital camera seems to have only two heartbeats of a battery left and it died after a couple of photos. In one, the horse is too far away. Here is the other one in which, unhappily, he is jumping the pole's shadow on the track...

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:25 pm

Well Madelyn he looks grand , of course later on in life you can show this pic to prospective buyers . He is a natural jumper! Actually I would love to be there as I am paying $1300 a month for 7 stalls here and have to ship into Mountaineer to train. The main track is never the same two days in a row and the "trackman" never waters the track between races. Sometimes it's like the sahara out there. I called the stewards to see if I could scratch out of a race due to lack of moisture,they thought that I was joking. It's not funny though!

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:48 am

Hm. Stalls at High Pointe, where this horse is training, are $7.25 per day, so it would be a bit more, actually, $1523 per month for 7 stalls. HOWEVER. There is a 1/4 mile indoor track, a polytrack straight track, a 3/4 mile full track with a starting gate, turnout paddocks, Eurocisers, hay/straw storage lockers, indoor hot/cold washracks, etc. It is exceptionally well maintained. Trainers don't even change their own lightbulbs. It is a REALLY nice place. It's in L'Esprit, between Churchill Downs and Turfway Park. There is another training center nearby that has swimming, also.

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:36 pm

Listen Madelyn, for an extra couple of hundred it beats the hell out of shantytown. Of course I could also pop over for a quickie for Army Discharge with Rockin Trick. We can name it "Rockin' Pneumonia". That is a steal from "Roll over Beethoven" by Chuck Berry and later a band called "The Beatles".

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:05 am

Well I know they still have stalls available there. They have a large broodmare barn that is the main building with the offices in the center - the stalls are 16x16 - and my trainer pal has 7 horses in there, otherwise it is empty. My trainer pal has turned it All Around since he moved his stable there; his stats this year are unbelievable. He has a hyperbaric chamber, an altitude simulation chamber, a hydrotherapy machine (the giant whirlpool thing that the whole horse fits inside), etc. He is setting up to be able to take other horses for his treatments. Just the fact that High Pointe LETS him have all that stuff there - at the track they just FREAKED OUT over the hyperbaric chamber.

If you were there I might find a way to get one of my two year old fillies started....Rocky is looking earnestly for dates in 2010.