Tevez.

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Re: Tevez.

Postby wilf » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:29 pm

Well the old boy has responded well to some TCL and a farm break. He worked with zest on Sunday and runs at Woodbine Friday. Melanie rides so she can give us a run down after the race.

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:30 pm

Well the races were cancelled today as Woodbine hangs it's head in collective mourning for the tragic death of perhaps the most popular guy on the backstretch. Darren Fortune was killed while working a horse this morning,he was also an outrider in the afternoons and his smile would light the place up. He will be sorely missed by all who knew him
R.I.P.

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:45 pm

Well that was nice watching the old boy winning easily on the turf,taking his record to 4 for 4 on the Fort Erie grass going 5/8ths. Win number 19 was special with a major dose of karma because he beat the favorite easily who just happened to be from the same camp that claimed my 11 yr old buddy in june.

Diane

Postby Diane » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:44 am

Happy Day! Congrats and pats to Tevvy

ZiaLand
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby ZiaLand » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:25 pm

Congrats to Tevez. :D

Laurie
So many pedigrees...so little time. (C)

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:02 am

Congratulations! I see a touch of irony in that one :)
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:57 pm

Congrats on the first place finish again today, but I can't believe he was claimed again.

Diane

Postby Diane » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:06 am

Here we go again. Anybody know anything about these connections? Doesn't Tevy usually go home to Fla in November? Hope the weather holds so they can get their one race and Wilf can claim him back.

K~2
Starters Handicap

Postby K~2 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:28 pm

Diane wrote:Here we go again. Anybody know anything about these connections? Doesn't Tevy usually go home to Fla in November? Hope the weather holds so they can get their one race and Wilf can claim him back.

They are good people. His stall at their farm was bedded doubly deep for his return.
Legal Jousting (Indian Ridge X In Anticipation - Sadler's Wells) standing at Kingsgate Stud

pfrsue
Grade III Winner

Postby pfrsue » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:26 pm

Diane wrote:Here we go again. Anybody know anything about these connections? Doesn't Tevy usually go home to Fla in November? Hope the weather holds so they can get their one race and Wilf can claim him back.

Per Equibase, looks like it's the same outfit who claimed him back in June.

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:01 pm

Good people K2 ?? They had him for 6 weeks until I got him back and he was sore and underweight. It took more than 2 months to get him right again .Surely this is a spiteful claim because he has beaten their horse twice since I got him back. Hes an old horse in a comfortable routine which he obviously thrives in so it makes no sense I see no other reason. I have claimed a few in my time but never ever went near an old horse like him. These people are fully aware of the sentimental value I have for this horse . The stable treat horses as commodities and rarely are they seen two years in a row.They even claimed a horse at Fort Erie from a popular female trainer who had 2 moderate horses as therapy after being involved in a serious road accident. Its not illegal but its puzzling.

K~2
Starters Handicap

Postby K~2 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:36 am

wilf wrote:Good people K2 ?? They had him for 6 weeks until I got him back and he was sore and underweight. It took more than 2 months to get him right again .Surely this is a spiteful claim because he has beaten their horse twice since I got him back. Hes an old horse in a comfortable routine which he obviously thrives in so it makes no sense I see no other reason. I have claimed a few in my time but never ever went near an old horse like him. These people are fully aware of the sentimental value I have for this horse . The stable treat horses as commodities and rarely are they seen two years in a row.They even claimed a horse at Fort Erie from a popular female trainer who had 2 moderate horses as therapy after being involved in a serious road accident. Its not illegal but its puzzling.

I'm not going to speculate their reasoning behind claiming the horse, it's completely possible that they've just claimed him to retire him, honestly I don't know.

I know that the horses at their farm want for nothing, and that there are many much worse outfits to have claim your horse.

I think they've only been racing since 2015, so I'm a bit confused as to your statement about them seeing their horses as commodities only and not seeing them more than two years in a row?

Maybe try contacting them to see if they'd give him to you for his retirement?
Legal Jousting (Indian Ridge X In Anticipation - Sadler's Wells) standing at Kingsgate Stud

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:00 pm

I guess our wires are a bit crossed K2, obviously I'm referring to the barn. You must be telling me that he's gone to their farm instead of the trainer's stalling which is the usual practice. Forgive my mistake but you can understand where I was coming from
There was an article about Bermuda Blue recently that I skimmed through,I'll look for it again. Incidentally how's your old retiree RedEagle?

K~2
Starters Handicap

Postby K~2 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:50 pm

wilf wrote:I guess our wires are a bit crossed K2, obviously I'm referring to the barn. You must be telling me that he's gone to their farm instead of the trainer's stalling which is the usual practice. Forgive my mistake but you can understand where I was coming from
There was an article about Bermuda Blue recently that I skimmed through,I'll look for it again. Incidentally how's your old retiree RedEagle?

Bermuda Blue Farm Article I think this is the article you probably saw.

I am forever grateful that Red Eagle's racing connections thought enough of him to retire him to the Long Run program. :) I believe he's currently at their new farm facility.

Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:03 am

Any news about Tevez and future entry or did they "rescue" him into a life of boredom?