Tevez.

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

Denise
Restricted Stakes Winner

Tev won!

Postby Denise » Thu May 19, 2011 4:12 pm

All right, Wilf! Congrats on Tev's win! Just read the chart. (TVG is not showing Presque tonight, so didn't see it. ) :roll:
Great start to your night, and go Peanut!

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Thu May 19, 2011 10:27 pm

Thanks Denise,imagine that, a plan that actually worked out! The big guy barged thru the pack before the turn to decide his own fate and took after the heavy favorite without ever switching leads and prevailed by a length. It was very sweet even though later Peanut looked like a winner and flattened out which finally caused me to weaken and put her on the lasix program when scoping her revealed some exercise induced pulmonary bleeding. It's now about 1 30 am but I am happy/tired and in the morning my creditors will be knocking on my door for some good news. This is the greatest game sometimes, even at the bottom of the pool. Good night all.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Fri May 20, 2011 6:03 am

Congratulations!!!!
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

MINNOW
Allowance Winner

Postby MINNOW » Fri May 20, 2011 3:54 pm

Well done Wilf,
All gave some,
some gave all

MINNOW
Allowance Winner

Postby MINNOW » Sun May 22, 2011 2:32 pm

A friend say's hi,Tommy Ford wanted me to tell you to come back where you belong.
All gave some,

some gave all

zinn21
3rd Year Sire

Postby zinn21 » Sun May 22, 2011 3:00 pm

Great job Wilf..
"Politicians should be limited to two terms, one in office and another in jail." Anonymous

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Sun May 22, 2011 3:51 pm

Hey Minnow,Tom is right except that racing 3 days a week and wondering every year if that will be the last is not an option. Hi Zinn,the win was bittersweet as Peanut was sore the morning after and it seems that all her problems are just too much to get through even though she loves her job. I have a feeling that the non winners of 4 life will be much tougher at Presque Isle so I may see what Mountaineer has to offer on the turf as he was very competitive in that bracket last august. Getting hot and humid here now and the fans are set up and running.

MINNOW
Allowance Winner

Postby MINNOW » Sun May 22, 2011 6:24 pm

I hear you Wilf,good luck to you hun wherever you run.Sorry peanut came up sore.Remember iwontstopdancing? she just had a JWR baby the thing is built like a brick sh... house,strawberry roan with a blaze.will post pics when i can .
All gave some,

some gave all

spex4me
Grade I Winner

Postby spex4me » Mon May 23, 2011 1:52 pm

Bravo Wilf your gang is doing great! Hope Peanut gets back to her old self. I know you make every accommodation to make sure they are happy and comfortable!
trying to come up with something brillant..... this may take a while. :)

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:54 pm

Well a late morning storm washed the turf races out but Tevvy ran a creditable 3rd and we just hope for fair weather next time. At least it was only a 5 minute ride back to the farm for a pick of grass and his evening feed.

Denise
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Denise » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:36 pm

Wilf, how is Tev? I got the entry, then wasn't around to see the race. Did he come out of it okay?
Pearl is in tomorrow at Parx, and Brother Sy's in at Monmouth Friday, so we're watching weather patterns, as always. :lol:

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:58 pm

Well let me see now,it was a busy and frustrating day not worth unloading on the PQ folks however it was illuminating and we will have another try as soon as Tevvy is back on his game. It's actually frustrating as I cannot do as much as I would like on the Mountaineer main track as it really is dead and unforgiving. I would much prefer to train at Thistledown as the track has an easier surface with a great base,however they are struggling there and really discourage trainers from shipping out to race. Colonial has an interesting book that would suit my 4 turf runners but it's 8 hours away ,I guess I could run over there and stay a weekend , mmmm. I will be keeping an eye out for you Denise ,good luck with the weather.

Denise
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Denise » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:34 am

Wilf, I can tell you from personal experience that I think Colonial's turf course is one of the best in the country. If you can find suitable races for your string within a day or two of each other, it's absolutely worth making the trip with a van load. They treat the horsemen well. We took a string down a few years ago and raced 4 in one weekend, and it was a blast! The lawn is so perfect, I've seen them actually take races off the dirt and move them to the grass in bad weather! Makes a big difference when the course was originally built for 7 grass races a day or more, not an afterthought like most places. Plus, they MAINTAIN it with actual watering, aeration, top dressing, etc. What a concept! Good luck if you decide to do it. I think Tev would adore the big, wide sweeping turns and long homestretch.
:D

wilf
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby wilf » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:09 pm

Ok then,it's off back to Presque Isle tomorrow with Tevvy and give it another shot on the Tapeta as I cannot draw into a turf race for love nor money . A new rider is on board as my rider has another call,anyway he galloped strongly the other day so I hope for the best. I have to trek out to Colonial soon as I have 3 turfers who are wasting away here looking for a spot. A lot of folks are in the same boat so I shall just have to grin and bear it but poor Tevvy has not seen the lawn yet this year. Talk to you tomorrow evening.

Zahrah
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Zahrah » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:16 pm

Good luck! Rooting for a win!